DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

In addition to the easy fix for the custom display pages, this mod and the DA 62 one seem to have an issue with the ECU. Seems like the ECU is implemented in a wasm module so that may only get fixed when Asobo fixes their wasm bug.

As for the custom engine pages, it is really easy. Just go to the mod folder of the DA 40 and then go to the subfolder “\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA40_NG\panel”.
In there you will find a panel.xml and a WTEngineDisplay.xml file.

Open both, copy the contents of the WTEngineDisplay.xml and paste them in the panel.xml file.
It is best to scroll down to the bottom of the panel.xml and insert the WTEngineDisplay.xml content one line above the </PlaneHTMLConfig> marker. You can now remove the WTEngineDisplay.xml or just leave it there.

2 Likes

Hmm, just tried this (followed instructions from working title) and no change (i. e. still right screen blank). Did you try it out yourself?

You also need to download the most current version of the Working Title G1000 mod (version 3.5)

That was it, thanks! Working great now.

You are comparing apples and oranges. One is a 1700lbs 2 seater and the other a 2900lbs 4 seater.
The interesting comparison is that the 152 cruises at a maximum of 107kts and uses 6.1gal/hr and the DA40 at 137kts with the same fuel flow.

1 Like

I have no trouble flying the real plane in 15kt direct crosswinds, requires ~2/3 rudder input.

Exactly. But the DA40 NG which this thread is about is affected.
Now thanks to @nikilase I know how to correct it :+1:t3:

Yes but my point was that he doesn’t need to do anything to get the G1000 to work with the DA40.

I’ve just flown a few circuits at my favourite airport with the default DA-40NG and the modded one and noticed as follows:

• I have no problems landing at 72KTS with the default one (I guess this is the value from the POH for the standard weight). After reducing power to idle I can glide without any problems to get smooth landing,
  • with this mod after setting power to idle at 72KTS I usually hit the runway with stall warnings.

new world update

Yeah ive been busy and have not touched FS for a month or so. Not to mention 3 of my ram channels died on my PC.

FS runs, but painfully slow. I already had some stuff qued up for the DA40. Sunday i should have some time to update stuff.

11 Likes

Please consider that not every ASOBO planes seem to be corrected after the flaps issue was introduced. I’m not sure what is the current status of DA40NG and cannot judge if the original or the modded behaves more realistic but I know examples like DV20 which still have lot less drag on the flaps than IRL. If that’s the case with DA40NG vanilla version that would explain the “soft touchdown” compared to the corrected mod version. Let’s hear the opinion of someone who has IRL experience with DA40NG. :slight_smile:

Depending on the weight might be too simply slow. Vref at MLW is 77kts.

1 Like

Indeed, landing at higher speed helps a lot. I was pretty sure, that the POH suggested 72KTS for a ~2400lbs, that is what I see in my weight configuration with a copilot and fuel at 50%.

WU4 fix is out with some other stuff.

Enjoy

13 Likes

This mod is absolutely amazing. I can’t speak to the flying characteristics of the DA-40 since I’ve never flown one IRL but the engine behavior (I fly a DR400 with the diesel IRL) is much much improved over the stock version which was practically unflyable.

One question. Would it be possible to make a similar mod for the DA-40 (not NG) as well?

Thanks for your great work and for sharing it with the community!

The premium aircraft have encrypted files, it is possible but not straightforward to mod them (see Citation Longitude Mod).

@Tommy: In the changelog on flightsim.to, there is no mention of the engine pages with the G1000Mod being fixed. I suppose, it is fixed, so you might mention this in the changelog (and also that the v0.3.5 of the G1000mod is needed).

Thanks for the answer. That’s a shame. Someone at Asobo should fix this then. They charge extra for the deluxe aircraft and they’re not up to par with the standard planes (once those are fixed by the community). That really sucks.

9 Likes

That’s a real shame because I think your mods add a great level of realism to the planes but I can understand your reasoning!

Thank you for all you have done for the community!

1 Like

There’s no shame. There is nothing more to add. Part of the skill of an artist is knowing when to stop changing things

7 Likes