DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

Well said!

In the latest release and if I understand correctly the last update for awhile of the DA62 by mrtommymxr…as already mentioned, the latest release of the DA62 has the PFD/MFD reversed and I believe an ECU warning issue [correction apparently the ECU warning is normal behaviour if running at 100% as your engine will fail after 10 minutes.
Simply changing as previously suggested the 1 to 2 on line 4 and the 2 to 1 on line 12 under [VCockpit01] & [VCockpit02] respectively in the PANEL.CFG file does reverse the PFD/MFD but all the control panel buttons/dials stay reversed.

1- Is there still a version of mrtommymxr’s DA62 mod prior to the introduction of ECU warning followed by engine failure and PFD/MFD issues and where can it be downloaded from?

2- Haven’t downloaded the DA40 is it similar in its behavior as mentioned above?

3- Would I be correct in saying that all the hard work the modders put in and the subsequent work the sim tweakers put into the mods will eventually be for not when the next update comes around if the modders don’t?

update with April 18 DA62 update: have tried for over an hour, can get the MFD/PFD to exchange positions correctly but cannot get buttons to switch with screens

Thank you.

1: no. I recommend simply not firewalling the engine for long periods of time.
2: yes.
3: what? If an update breaks the mod, then ill fix it.

Also the PFD/MFD are not swapped. Check your community folder.

1 Like
3 Likes

@MrTommymxr Thank you so much for your great work!

It’s not “ be for not”. It’s “be for naught”

First of all, thanks for the amazing mod.
Now, I am trying to use it to complement my real-world IFR training. As you may know, one of the most important principle in IFR is “Power + Attitude = Performance”. I noticed that there are some differences in how real-world DA40NG behaves from this version. For example, in real world to achieve 5% glideslope with 90 kts IAS you need 5 degrees nose down and 32% of power. As opposed to this, in a sim (with this mod installed) you need to pitch up with engine close to idle. So, it seems, in the flight model drag and lift with flaps is still way lower than it should be.

Are you using the default DA40 or the modded one?

Pitch and power isnt perfect sadly.

Modded. I’ll try to play with lift/drag coefficients in the configs perhaps.

Thank you for that correction!

So I spent yesterdays evening trying to find anything that works. So while significantly upping the flaps drag and lift factors does the job for 90kts, it becomes almost impossible to climb at 75 kts (I guess the drag is too high). So, I need a way to increase drag and lift at high speed without affecting the low speeds so much. Anyone has ideas about how to achieve that? I’ve noticed many different coefficients for flaps in the flight model config, but the official documentation is pretty bad at describing them, it seems.

I signed up just to say thanks for the work people have put into this. I’ve no idea what I’m doing other than loving MSFS since I got it a couple of weeks ago. However, I felt pretty sure the DA40NG was weird with high revs and easy stalling. Maybe I just didn’t know how to handle it but the mods have made it easier.

Even though it’s not perfect, I prefer to leave things as they are in MrTommymxr’s mod

I’m at full throttle and the power is only at 60% rpm is 2310

What altitude were you?

I was on the ground taking off but I found the problem it was another mod I had that was the problem

Hello, my throttle is not moving and RPM doesn´t change during fly.
It seem to be that FADEC code hasn´t loaded.
I have checked the FAQ tip.
Mod is installed and also G1000 latest working titel
I have not installed Uwajimaya’s lighting mod or Kinetic assist.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked your axis mapping?

Yes sure all axis are correct and working Fine.
Only when I use the DA40 mod the throttle Stick remain on Same Position in the Aircraft as mentioned in FAQ overview.
The described Solution there doesn‘t work for me.

I don‘t know why :tired_face: