DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

Thanks! It will teach me to be more diligent about shutdown, but I’m seriously lax on that - I’ll end up bending the plane in the learning process lol.

1 Like

Fantastic work. I wish every plane had saved state!

You’re clearly a legend Sir!
One question though: how the deteriorated state of any component can be monitored or at least repaired? Just using the default “Refuel/repair” key binding or it’s not part of saving the state and restarts with every flight? Would be better to be saved but would be good to be able to have it repaired if needed not to loose such a fine plane. :slight_smile:

thats also a thing.

If you are using devmode you can simply edit the values or you’d have to find the text file in your roaming folder.

C:\Users\ your username \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes

Also no damage is done if damage is turned off in the in game settings. not the “engine stress damage”, but the general “Crash option”

There is only 1 simvar i can look up

todo:

1. Find a way to enable and disable state saving.
  2. Find a way to reset damage.

These will probably be through key combinations.

2 Likes

ah, if you want to remove the state saving you can just remove the line in the cockpit.xml

Damage reset: On ground, Engine master off, Full beans, full forward Right (Reset) I guess…

4 Likes

is 92% power still the safe spot?

block damage above 2100 prop rpm. turbo above 92% power.

However i realise while typing this, i should just do block damage above 92% like previous

WEEEE

2 Likes

By full beans = full throttle?

1 Like

Much appreciated, thank you!

Yes, it’s.

Thank you for this update! now DA40 flies in a very similar way to RL. Keep doing! You making very good job

The flaps need some work. Pitches up too much when deploying the flaps

1 Like

is any chance to make that fuel will be saved after flights? Now it’s reset to 0 every times.

I also have that problem, but im constantly reloading the plane mid flight and the game always would reset the fuel.

Thought it was only me.

Am I meant to fight the plane wanting to go hard left? I’m not sure if this is added realism or a bug. It would also mean that this mod can only work with rudder pedals and ruin the plane without.
If there is so much left trim needed, why isn’t the trim automatically set for at least cruising speed?

Because the aircraft doesn’t have automatic trim… and this is a simulator so it’s supposed to be… you know… simulating.

3 Likes

plane without pedals don’t exist. If you want flying you need pedals.

but

Tip for you, If you don’t have pedals you still may use keyboard to ailerons trim left a bit which is no real because this plane didn;t have ailerons trims but working :slight_smile:

But invest please in good pedals any way.

1 Like

did you may have time to dig in this problem? and when you planning release next version?

maybe consider verifying the drag with extended full flaps, currently the approach speed is slightly lower by about 3-5 knots than should be in RL.

the plane also has a tendency to raise the bow as the flaps are extended, this is correct behavior but a bit, a little too hard. You can make it a little smaller, but only a little?

Ant last, what about free castering nosewheel ? Can you make last approach to make it as real?

Thanks and regards!