DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

I don’t mind if it’s part of the simulation - I was just surprised that this one flies different from the other 30 planes. It should also come with a warning that players with a controller or without a rudder should stay away. After almost crashing a few times I got the hang of it. I just wish the saitek rudders were better.

For people googling the same going left problem. Give it lots of right rudder on takeoff, and the rudder trim number is briefly flashing up in the corner of the right screen.

1 Like

Sorry i wasnt home last week. Should have the update out this weekend.

3 Likes

If you want a castering nosewheel you can change the config.
Instructions are embedded in the flightsim.to feature list

1 Like

if you want to share boredom with me

3 Likes

Another test. This is probably final, unless you guys find something.

whats new:

• added damage reset combination (On ground, Engine master off, Full power lever, stick full forward and full Right (Reset)
  • less pitch up on the flaps
  • lower oil temp
  • States saving should work better
  • no more need to worry about your prop axis. new WASM from Jarek
6 Likes

Update is live!!

jeez its been since January…

23 Likes

Gonna try it out. Thanks!

Awesome work, feels very good in flight and everything works as it should!
Thank you!

1 Like

@MrTommymxr
This looks strange in your engines.cfg

min_gov_rpm = 0 01; Miminum governed RPM

why do you ask? :thinking:

the number there is 0 01, thought it would be something like 1100

nah, it should be 0. I probably fat fingered it.

Small hotfix out, if you dont need it, dont bother

2 Likes

Hi,

First of all I have to say that this is one of the best mods in my opinion! Thank you for sharing this with the community.

I have an issue though. The statesaving doesn’t really work on my install. I checked and I have the latest version installed. But it still doesn’t safe fuel load or switch positions. Any ideas what the issue is?

Thanks!

I’m getting sporadic Pitot Fail cautions, is this trying to simulate the thermal switch or something?

No one else have the issue that the state saving isn’t working? Or am I doing something wrong?

Double check and make sure that the StateSaving line is in the cockpit.xml

Right click cockpit.xml and select edit, then Left Ctrl+F then search for StateSaving.

Also, are you using the same livery each new flight? It’s my understanding that the State Saving don’t carry over to other liveries until you load a flight with the same livery again.

The other day I loaded the AC in and noticed everything was on except the engine wasn’t started, then I remembered that the last time I flew it in the sim when I quit, I had left it all running so I’m assuming state saving is working on my end.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll have to check for the state saving option in the cockpit.xml.

And yes if been flying the same livery.

You’re welcome! Also, have a look in LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA40_NG at the state.cfg and make sure all is well there.

[LocalVars]
broke_lmao=0
DAMAGE_OIL:1=0
DAMAGE_TURBO:1=2.2572
STATE_FUEL_QUANTITY_L=10.25
STATE_FUEL_QUANTITY_R=10.25
STATE_FUEL_SELECTOR=2
STATE_FUEL_PMP=0
STATE_FLAPS_L=0
STATE_FLAPS_R=0
STATE_FLAPS_P=0
STATE_TRIM=0
STATE_BARO=1013.25
STATE_COM1A=9349
STATE_COM1S=9349
STATE_COM2A=9349
STATE_COM2S=9349
STATE_NAV1A=4176
STATE_NAV1S=5008
STATE_NAV2A=4176
STATE_NAV2S=5008
STATE_ADF1A=143654912
STATE_ADF1S=335544320
STATE_LIGHT_STB=0
STATE_LIGHT_POS=0
STATE_LIGHT_TXI=0
STATE_LIGHT_LGN=0
STATE_LIGHT_CBN1=0
STATE_LIGHT_CBN2=0
STATE_LIGHT_CBN3=0
STATE_LIGHT_FLD=100
STATE_LIGHT_INS=100
STATE_MASTER_ENG=0
STATE_MASTER_BAT1=0
STATE_MASTER_BAT2=0
STATE_MASTER_AVI=0
STATE_PITOT=0
STATE_FUEL_XFR=0
STATE_ECU_VOTER=0
STATE_PWR_LVR:1=0
STATE_PARK=0
STATE_XPNDR=0
DAMAGE_BLOCK:1=1.259823
STATE_AVAILABLE=1

the variables are created in the system.cfg file. If you have a lighting mod or something then statw saving wont work.