DA62 Altitude stuck #PC

Microsoft Store version

`Build Version # 1.19.8.0

Problem with my addon Saitek Multipanel on booting up the sim the DA62 My altitude reading is stuck at 99000 feet. Does this mean Logitech need to fix it or is it a sim problem?

This might be an Issue with the NXI specifically as the custom Autopilot implementation uses different altitude slots.

I don’t know exactly about the options to configure the multipanel but maybe you find a solution here WT G1000 NXI does not work with LOGITECH PANEL - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

With SimUpdate 6 there will be changes in the API, so that this shouldn’t be an issue anymore.

1 Like

Edit…
The list grows. Add to the list aircraft which are broken with the update.
DA62.
Cirrus SR22
Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bonanza
Textron Aviation Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawks (all of the variations)
Cub Crafter X cub
All now Kaput :slightly_frowning_face: Anyone else using Go Flight MCP or Logitech Multi Panel suffering this problem?

1 Like

All Aircraft that have a G1000 and with the NXI installed will show this behavior.

## Autopilot Hardware

The autopilot has been completely overhauled with 0.5.0, which includes some workarounds for altitude capture until such time that the sim supports the disabling of it’s own capture. This includes setting the altitude slot to slot 3 and setting the selected altitude to 99000 so it will never be captured, and using slot 1 as it should be for the preselector.

For hardware controls that control the altitude preselector, they *must* be configured to read and write to altitude slot 1, not altitude slot 0 (which really just reads/writes to them all, and will override all the custom AP altitude selections). If it is not possible to configure your hardware in this way, you will unfortunately have to either remove the hardware or remove the NXi. The are also third party softwares like AxisAndOhs, Mobiflight, and spad.Next that can allow you to bridge this gap if the manufacturer default software cannot.

We expect this workaround will no longer be necessary after Sim Update 6.

While its inconvenient at this time, I wouldn’t say it breaks the aircraft, it just doesn’t display it right on your hardware.
Its not the altitude reading itself, its the preselect altitude for alt capture.

It is update 6 that is causing the problem. All worked before the update. The G1000 I use is the RealSimGear G1000 not the NXI

I’ve now discovered three other people suffering with this same proble of their Auto pilots addons all showing 99000ft and frozen. Apparently it’s the SDK messed up.

Cessna skyhawk g1000. I can select a certain height in cockpit, fly manually to that height and then the alt button locks automatically on the logitech multipanel but the display stays at 99000. I cant change it with the turnknob.
It affects other aircraft too. Before latest update i could use my logitech multipanel on all AP-fitted aircraft. Now it is not functional because of the 99000 alt stuck.

It is a sim problem before latest WU the multipanel worked fine with the provided drivers from logitech.com
Now with many aircraft the panel is stuck on 99000ft and not possible to adjust.

I also have the problem with the external view altitude being stuck at 99000. Did not have this problem until the new update. Something amiss there.

H’mmmm ! it appears no one from MSFS want’s to know :frowning:

I had this same problem and I tried resetting all the settings in hope that it would fix it, but nothing happened. For some reason when I switched to another account it wasn’t broken anymore.

also I forgot to mention that nav mode dint work ether.