DA62 Which power readout is correct?

In the DA62, the external view HUD power levels do not match the cockpit power levels, the cockpit levels seem to stay at 100% for approx 1/4 of my quadrant movement whereas the HUD levels decrease gradually as expected.

75% power inside is only about 50% on the HUD and the plane needs more to keep flying it seems

Do you have the latest version of the Working Title G1000 installed from the Marketplace?

I’m using the G1000 NXi mod

Nobody else flying the DA62?

It seems to be a known issue with the default DA62. Maybe this can help https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/da62-engine-load-100/330895

1 Like

Thanks for that, so it’s just another annoying bug that could so easily be fixed :frowning:

I’ll use the HUD/external view when needed.

This is very odd, I just managed another flight, this time the power indicator in the G1000 started reducing way before 50%, still not correct but definitely changed, however the power at 75% inside the cockpit does not match 75% in HUD mode.

I cannot figure out how things have changed without an update, this sim has a mind of its own it seems.

The difference is that the HUD shows RPM while the G1000 shows power output as a percentage which is not the same thing. The other thing the HUD shows is Power Lever Angle (PLA) as a percentage.

1 Like

Thats interesting, thanks. I do have a couple more questions though…

How do we discover this stuff without a written manual?

How would it have fixed itself without a known update? It was definitely bodged before as power did not drop until the quadrant reached 50%, seems this was a known error caused by the code thinking there was only one engine.

That could be a bug indeed, as for the POH (manual) it can be found freely on the internet if that’s what you are looking for. I believe the power output on the DA62 should be directly in relation to the Power Lever Angle (PLA). If you are not on Xbox, there is an excellent MOD available for the DA62.

1 Like

Thanks, i was referring to the info regarding the HUD and the in-cockpit info, and yes i’m on x-box :frowning:

I do have the POH.

I’d not come across the PLA so thats another useful snippet of info :wink:

Maybe they call it differently on the Diamond. Anyway the HUD is useless on anything else than a fixed pitch propeller as RPM only tells part of the story. On the Diamond it should show Power output directly, on other aircraft RPM together with MAP.

1 Like

Thanks, I just looked at one of my YT videos in the DA62, surprisingly the HUD shows percentage “LVR” which i take as the “PLA” you mentioned before. It does show a textual RPM but in the DA62 thats always 2300 so pretty irrelevant.

Now, on my VF1 quadrant, the levers are handily marked in 10% steps and at 75% position the HUD shows 75% LVR which seems pretty consistent, I’ll have to double check what the G1000 shows though before commenting as it did change, previously at 75% it showed 100%.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 07.41.24

I’m not 100% sure how the real Diamond works, it is turbocharged or supercharged I believe so it should be able to maintain its rated power up to some altitude but at some point power will drop with increase in altitude and I’m wondering how the power levers respond to that. Is maximum PLA still the rated power of 100% or is maximum PLA the maximum power achievable at the current altitude. In the first situation there will be a dead area when moving the power levers back at altitude.

Its turbocharged diesel, from what i read the FADEC system gives max power available at full lever under the prevailing conditions

1 Like