DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Yeah, thanks, all good ideas. Appreciate that! I had done similar things already, but did them again at your suggestion. No luck, unfortunately. I even reinstalled MSFS for the heck of it, and no dice. The only things in my community folder are the DA62, DA40, and WTG1000. It’s a real shame that the WTG1000 refuses to work. Am quite annoyed to be honest, but I think this is what we had come to expect with MSFS, and it’s the reason why I shelved it for the last 9 months. Think I will shelve it again and wait another 6 months or so for the NXi to become the gold standard

I’m sure it doesn’t help you but it’s not a WTG1000 issue as it works for most of us - for me too. There’s still something at your side that is not yet found. Maybe someone else has other ideas too.

I keep prior release zip files in a Community Downloads folder because…

I have blank Garmins with:
DA62 0.4.5
WT 0.4.1 (latest)

To have Garmins that work I had to roll back WT
DA62 0.4.5
WT 0.4.0 (for SU5 but no map zoom or pan)

Only standard livery and never used a custom one! I’m puzzled.

So, i can read and set weight values, but you cant see them in the menu.

This means I can change the weight from the anti ice, but you would not see it in the menu. @Asobo, pls fix. You will however be able to see it in the G1000. For NXi users i can add the fluid indicator below the aux fuel indication as the new formatting has freed up some space there

You will be able to set the level on the ground (fully shut down) and within 30 seconds of spawning in. In the air it will simply jump back to the value it should be. no cheating!

Would you guys want this or not?

2 Likes

I use the NXi, and that would suit me just fine.
Thanks again for the mod :ok_hand:

For it says FADEC Inop and cannot start left engine for several days. It was working several days ago. Does anyone experience this or how can I fix it?

Check out the FAQ on this mod on Flightsim.to. I had a similar issue.

Which livery are you using? I also had FADEC issue after SU5 at it has turned out that the new official livery, the black-gray one is not compatible with this mod. There’re also other possible issues, written in the FAQ as stated above.

Hi everyone I’m new here. I flew from KOMA to KSEZ with the DAx62 and ran out of fuel at the COGRI waypoint! Actually I still had the two additional reservoirs full but I wasn’t able to activate them or restart the engines. Can anyone tell me how to use the fuel from the additional tanks? Thanks.

Aux fuel pumps are under your (in the cockpit :slight_smile: ) right elbow. Right behind the fuel selectors.

1 Like

What an ■■■! I did not see it ! ha ha aha thank you very much

Another problem: during the approach the accelerator at the moment of dropping below about 45% instead of decreasing the power it started to increase it: approaching the runway when I removed the gas the engine started to speed up suddenly, I took 125 knots and crashed on the runway …
Unexplained behavior: Does anyone have any idea what may have happened? I guess I’ll remove the mod …

I begin to think that my installation is buggy because another problem that arises concerns the angle of attack which easily and often irremediably is set at 8 and even 10 degrees, triggering the sound alarm and there is no way to recover it at the normality: even in level flight it always remains around 5 6 7 or even 8 degrees!

Have you worked through the FAQ on the flightsim.to page?

Thanks marccreal, I didn’t. However now i read all of them but the only interesting thing I found was the post about linear sensivity setting on the joystick, that I have already impr
oved.

Have you checked the prop axis thing? Could be related to your problem with the power setting. Other remark to this: it is normal and intended that the prop rpm increases again at low power settings. Check the PDF included in the mod, there is a graph showing the dependency. When you say “power started to increase”, what exactly do you mean?

The second issue with the angle of attack, I do not really understand. Have you checked, that you are on the “modern” flight model?

You say interesting things but … I have no axis or command assigned to the pitch propellers. Should I have it?
I have the only ones assigned by default from the simulator to the keyboard but frankly I’ve never used them, because I don’t know their function and effect. When I say “power started to increase”, I mean that when the engine goes down over 41-40% of the power the number of revolutions instead of going down starts to go up again. This only happens while I’m flying, while after the landing, and on the ground in general, this behavior (anomalous?) does not occur and the engine responds to the decrease in the accelerator position with a proportional decrease in power, up to 0 % (position) and 700 (rpm). Airborne instead at 40-41% of the power throttle the number of engine revolutions drops to 1900 but if I continue with the decrease of the accelerator over 40-41% (for example 30 or 25%) the number of revolutions of the engine starts to rise suddenly at 2100 or so …

As for the angle of attack of the wing, I MAYBE managed to contain and reduce the problem by paying more attention to the positioning of the aircraft’s center of gravity when distributing the load inside it. However, the ease with which the angle of attack is affected, at times, even if only by a headwind a bit stronger than usual, during the flight, always seems “exaggerated” …
Finally, I confirm that I have the flight model called “modern”.

Snapshot from the document packaged into the mod. Does it make sense to you?
RPM is not “power”, it more relates to actual propeller pitch and it raises in low power settings for good reasons (like helps the plane to slow down, creates less stress on engine to run on small prop pitch/high RPM under certain power level, etc).

1 Like

I just stumbled over this. This might solve your WTG1000 black-screen issue!

2 Likes