DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

These things are driven by G1000 / NXI addons. Best place to report this issue is the WT discord channel dedicated to NXI beta.

BTW. Filled zendesk reports about missing GA and Yaw Damper buttons in the DA62 interior model. When submitted, status immediately changes to “Solved”. Unfortunately I have impression that these reports are simply redirected to /dev/null.

1 Like

Thank you. Unfortunately, I get an Invalid Invite when I click on the Discord link in this post and cannot access the Discord channel:

Thanks. I just found a post that states “The function (under GENERAL-CAMERA) is called INSTRUMENT HEADS-UP DISPLAY (HUD)”. It’s under Chase Camera.

I had no idea I could turn all those instruments off. I thought we were all stuck with having a HUD in external view, and so it bothered me that the HUD CDI is broken as I have described. I just turned off all the HUD instruments for good and I can stop thinking and posting about the HUD CDI. :smiley:

Correct link is given on the very bottom of this page:
https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/nxi/
in the “Comments, issues, bug report” section.

What HUD? The CRJ has one, the Longitude has one that doesn’t work, and the 787 has one. But not the DA62, modded or otherwise.

Thank you, I get the Invalid Invite with that link too, but I am not planning to pursue this issue any further now that I do not have to see the HUD anymore.

Who cares, airplanes are meant to be flown from the cockpit.

I always fly from the cockpit. It bothered me to see a malfunctioning instrument when I wanted to see an external view. I have turned the HUD off now, so I won’t be bothered by it anymore.

1 Like

I’ve had the instruments on external view turned off for a while so it took me a bit to figure out what HUD everyone was talking about.

But whether an individual user has it enabled or disabled, it is a feature that is part of the sim and hopefully by the time the NXi becomes the default G1000 it will be fixed.

Can you please do what Working Title does for the CJ4 – can you add a second panel.noreg and link to your original panel but remove the VPAINTING.

If you need help let me know. This will allow people to do paints without a reg if they want to bake it. Will also let us retain the interior placard.

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/cj4/guides/repainter

Thanks!

1 Like

Where can I find the deviation table for the whiskey compass? Shouldn’t it be somewhere in the cockpit

Seems like the Sim Update 7 messed up some performance and the ECU test is not working properly anymore. Any idea if that can be fixed ? Thank you !

Is it something on my end or is there an issue with the MAP range buttons on the G1000, both for the MFD and the insert on the PFD.
I do not even get the change in mouse pointer in that area.
I am fairly sure it has been this way even before SU7 but I just never bothered to ask :slight_smile:

Are you using the default G1000 or the Nxi mod. I’m using Nxi and range is fine. Haven’t used the default in a while.

I am using the WT1000 not the Nxi.
I have tried the NXi twice and at first there were many other things that did not work and in the last test I did there was no way to tune an ADF frequency and that is what is needed for my SIM-Homebase at GCLA.

I think the WT G1000 is not supported since some time now. So with the different updates, it’s probably not working perfectly now.

The NXi is far more functionnal to my opinion, and there is no problem to tune an ADF with it.

It worth a try, as you can uninstall it quickly if needed.
Anyway, I would go with the stock G1000 or the NXi, but not the WT standard G1000 as it is not supported.

3 Likes

Dang
I guess I should have given that a try first :slight_smile:
I know that the WT has concentrated on other things and the regular G1000 was no longer updated. Should have also considered that causing the issue.
Thanks and I appologize for wasting your time. :flushed:

I installed the NXi and the map range works and indeed ADF is also working now.

Other than that is the mod working with SU7?

4 Likes