DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Is it just me or does the AP have trouble staying on the localizer and slope after capturing an ILS approach? It seems it’s intentionally holding a course parallel to the localizer. Is this a new issue with 1.10.11.0 or is it an issue of the DA62X?

(MFS 1.10.11.0 + Navigraph 1.0.0-beta.15, cycle 2012 rev.1, DA62X 0.2.2)

It doesn’t actually feather as I don’t think Asobo have modelled it. But now the blades are almost stopped, only windmilling slightly. Just turned one off.

1 Like

@FutureFlyer828 @BilingualHarp7

There sadly is no animation. the blades are turned to 89°. Drag is reduced, but yeah, no animation. Also the game doesn’t seem zo actually have feathering at this moment

Also the engine needs to be above 1300 rpm to feather.

1 Like

it needs about 3 presses to clear the ice

just the fact that the core autopilot is broken

This generic statement does not answer any of my specific questions.

I noticed that the behaviour of the AP recently changed. While shooting ILS approaches worked reasonably well until a couple of days ago, now it doesn’t.

I believe it’s valid to ask whether others are experiencing the same issue, and whether we know what causes the changed behaviour.

(I searched the Self-service area for existing bug reports before I asked here.)

I’ll take a look at the PIDs see if i can improve it

Ok, obviously I did NOT do exactly this, otherwise it would have worked…my bad!

So: I found out both the problem with the alternators failing and the problem with the load only going up to ~70% at full throttle are caused by an incompatibility with the “YourControls” mod (for shared cockpit). With incompatibililty, I mean just having the folder of this mod in the Community-folder ( without having a shared cockpit session active).

EDIT: And if i had read through the previous posts more thorougly, I would have seen that this is already known… facepalm

Edit2: @OkkoAurelian You have been faster with your reply than I was with the edit… I gladly admit that you informed me thusly. :wink:

2 Likes

Just because it’s so rare that I’m right, I need to point out that I told you so!

:smiley:

Glad you found the culprit!

(I was going to delete this post after I saw that you quoted me, but I guess every bit of visibility helps in this case, because it’s probably affecting more people.)

1 Like

Hehe, see my second edit. :wink:

I had a look at the folder structure of the two mods, I guess the problem arises from (one of) these two conflicting files:

what am i seeing here? just comparing whats different to the default version?

No, as stated I am comparing the folder structure of the two mods (DA62X and YourControl). They both have the subfolders “.\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA62”.

As a next step, I also compared to the default DA62 in the “Official” folder. The difference of the PANEL.CFG is very easy to visualize (left: DA62X, middle: YourControl, right: default:

So here the analysis is straightforward: the two mods define different “Vcockpit05” objects.

The difference in the DA62_INTERIOR.xml is much more messy, I won’t post a screenshot there.
For the DA62X-Part, it is quite clear, that you added stuff in there that is not present in the default version. But why YourControl also has this file, I do not understand. It differs from the default one only marginally - and strangely: Different XML-Tags <ModelBehaviors> vs. <Behaviors>, different variable name L vs I. I’m beginning to suspect that the YourControl-File is just an older version of the default one but this of course is a topic for the YourControl-Dev, I will add an issue on his GitHub page.

1 Like

All good here MTM - flew the storm path across Florida this morning with live weather and did a fun Rnav landing in a 37knot crosswind - awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

pretty. if only i could run ultra settings. :confused:

What kind of PC are you running?

a 1080 and a 8700k at 5 ghz. 1440p though.

i can get 60 ish at the beginning, but after 2 hrs its basically unplayable.

Hi all, can someone explain to me or send me info regarding community folder priority order, I’m pretty sure I saw it in here a while ago?

Your mod has been downloaded and used by many people. A “buymeacoffe” or such link would help to buy a 3090+5950XT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the g1000 mods first, then planes, liveries, scenery

1 Like

thanks, but i dont wanna get money involved

2 Likes