YourControls - Shared Cockpit for MSFS

YourControls is a program that allows multiple people to connect their simulators into a single shared flight deck. It allows tasks to be distributed among crewmates, where one can fly the aircraft, while another handles the radios and autopilot. Doing flights on VATSIM has never been more immersive. I’m striving to sync every switch and button in as many aircraft as possible, with support for the A32NX and in the future, other mods.

This mod is a culmination of hundreds of hours of work, and it’s in state where anyone can easily setup and use.

If you’re interested in trying it out, head over to https://docs.yourcontrols.one for information about how to install, supported aircraft, and more!

Enjoy!

97 Likes

WOW, was just talking with my buddy about how cool shared cockpit would be. Definitely going to be giving this a shot. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thx for the hard work!

1 Like

Thank you for the hard work, this community is amazing!

5 Likes

Very nice! thank you for your efforts, and sharing this!

2 Likes

Woah! Excellent. Thanks for your contribution!!

1 Like

You are amazing for spending so much time on this! Can’t wait to show my fiancee :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tested it out and it partially works. I was able to load in both planes and control the plane on both computers, however as soon as I took off the “sever” PC plane was mirrored about 25 feet in front of the “client” plane. Lots of lag too. Pretty unplayable in the current form but still an amazing proof of concept! Cant wait to see this thing develop.

1 Like

Will share cockpit work with one copy of the game?

1 Like

Interesting… You can try playing with the update rate in the config.json file that gets created. Perhaps trying half - 15hz and see if that helps.

You’ll need two copies of the game to use this with, one for each person.

1 Like

I tried again with the original coding in a more rural airport and it worked much better. Still pretty laggy in the client plane but I did not get the mirrored plane in front this time. Good stuff man.

1 Like

Brilliant work but I have one of those friends, who if you leave him alone in your car. He will turn all the switches on… I’m not taking him with me…

3 Likes

I just released a new version that should fix this. Let me know how it goes if you get around to it.

1 Like

A few days later and lots of great changes have been made. Some of these include…

• Fixes regarding input lag, interpolation, and buffering
  • Hostname support
  • Better program-UI feedback

making for an overall better experience with this add on. If anyone happens to successfully complete a flight with this, please let me know!

Hi Crea808, we have tried you’re new Version 1.2.3 and can establish connection for some seconds until it disconnect us. After disconnection the Host get message “try to connect to sim connect” and client “peer timeout”.

1 Like

“Trying to connect to SimConnect” means that the program can’t find the running simulator… for some reason some people have had problems with connecting to the simulator and I’m not sure if that’s something on my end or with SimConnect. Do other programs using SimConnect work for you - like vPilot or SimToolKitPro?

I think it’s on your side or in other words. A connection with vPilot works fine. But you can’t be sure about that. I would be happy if you can find it out. And if you can get it to work you should at least set up a donation account!

1 Like

A new release is up, let me know how that goes!

OMG is this even real? xD WELL DONE man!!

1 Like

What kind of IP do we need? Do we need any other applications?

2 Likes