Daher TBM 930 keeps banking to the right mid-air!

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Daher TBM 930 keeps banking to the right mid-air. The course has to be corrected every few seconds. Auto-pilot isn’t engaged while this happens.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

N/A

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

The latest build as of September 3, 2022.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

There’s a switch on the overhead that turns on automatic tank switching to ensure a balanced fuel load throughout the flight. Without that, you have to remember to manually switch from right to left and back again every few minutes.

2 Likes

Thank you for that great piece of information. However, the fuel selector was on Right. That way, the plane should have been banking to the left due to a full fuel tank on the left, but it still kept banking to the right.

Sounds like a trim setting to me.

No. All trims were neutral, except for the pitch trim.

Is there any significant wind from the right?

No, sir.

I don’t fly Daher. I flew it twice on two different locations the other day and found the same banking to the right problem.

I did many flights with the TBM930 last year but ,for all of them, I was on a flight plan using AP so I didn’t notice that banking.
I have just finished a flight with AP off and have noticed the banking to the right too! I then tried ,on custom weather, to add 5 knots of side wind from left and later from right.No changes…it keeps banking to the right .From the little that I have learned from the forum and from the tutorials, the mono engine planes have the tendence to “rotate” to the opposite side of the turning propeller. I am not sure how it works with the TBM930.However,I would have expected this bank to be a little counterbalanced by the side winds but It didn’t. Hope some expert will explain it. I will do some searches on the web.

1 Like

Thank you so much for going through all that trouble and sharing your findings. You are right about the mono engines, but the mark is minimal and not as monumental as you and I have experienced in our flights without the AP turned on. The mono engines cause a minimal mark of half a degree of bank, not 10 - 20 degrees, as we have experienced.

Now, where do we get to report this and have it corrected?

You can submit a request to ZENDESK from : Home–FAQ—Submit a request. Not sure that they will fix it unless there are many other requests from the simmers.There are many bugs in the airplanes in general that are there since the SIM release waiting for a fix unfortunally.Will they ever be fixed? Who knows.It looks like there are many more important projects in the pot.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll report it. But my experience with the Zen Desk has been bad historically. They don’t seem to care at all.

Maybe they should learn a thing or two from Tobii Zen Desk!

1 Like

I hand flew the TBM yesterday into OIKE, a short runway and had to do two go arounds, landing on my third attempt. I was flying low and slow so if there was any right banking in this aircraft I would have known about it. It sound more like an issue on the version on your machine. Do you have the Mugz improvement mod installed? If not I would suggest you try that.

1 Like

No, I haven’t installed it yet. I am still flying with the default TBM930 as far as I didn’t feel the necessity to improve …so far. I must try the mod. Thank you for the reminder,I just forgot it was released several months ago.

Then maybe they shouldn’t have been for the amount of throttle you applied?

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll give it a try.

Throttle was at 50% or less.

Usually these mods are not perfect and cause more issues than solving. The comments below these tell the same story. That’s why I am always reluctant downloading a mod without going through all the comments.

1 Like

One thing to check is your Controls Sensitivity settings.

The things you want to check

1. The center point for control is actually the center point
  2. There is a little bit of a null zone
  3. At full control deflection , you should be seeing a max deflection or those settings may need to be tweaked as well.

If these are off, the control indications in the cockpit won’t match where your control surfaces are actually.

The mod has a good reputation and improves the aircraft no end in many peoples opinions including mine. But if you want to stick with the inferior Asobo default, that’s your choice. For what its worth my TBM flies perfectly with the mod.

You mentioned neutral trim in your earlier post. About the only time your would have rudder at neutral would be in a head or tail wind, or no wind at all. Any sort of side wind coupled with the sheer torque that engine provides will require some rudder trim at the very least. You could try Autopilot to see what FD sets the trim too to get an idea.

I always fly small aircraft and manually. Never with AP. With all assists off. And the controls have not been touched. They work the same on every aircraft, keeping the performance profile of each aircraft as per physics.

So, no controls have been altered, nor would I like to alter any as except for this aircraft, that I now wish to try my hands on, everything else works like a charm.

1 Like