Daily check flight FBW Developer Version

Here is my (almost) daily check flight around Paderborn EDLP free Scenery von Aerosoft.

Recorded on 07/31/2021 after Update5 with hotfix and FBW developer version 5668670.

I always do that when a new developer version of the FBW A320neo comes out. This is the best way for me to test what is new and what works and what doesn’t.

My specs:
Mainboard MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
CPU Intel i9-10900 at 5000mhz
32GB DualChanel DDR4 RAM at 4300mhz
GPU NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Thrustmaster Officer Pac with Addon
CH-Pro Pedals

All with the newest Drivers and Updates.

1 Like

Hi there!

Thanks for the comprehensive test starting from cold and dark. The flight seemed pretty normal overall. Do let us know if you find anything unusual in your regular tests so we can investigate and possibly fix any bugs that may have come up. You can also visit us on Discord at https://discord.gg/flybywire

Happy flying!

Moin, yes gladly.

So far everything is going very well.

Sometimes it’s just that some old things are back after you update them.
For example, I miss one thing very much: in an earlier version, a sequence of clicks and ping tones sounded after the systems started up.
As far as I know, this was the sign to carry out a system-relevant test. Eg fire tests. Suddenly they were gone and since then I’ve been forgetting them regularly. :sunglasses:

Gruß
Dieter

1 Like

We are currently working on replacing the default 320 sounds completely with custom ones, as they would sound in a real 320neo cockpit with the help of both engineers and pilots. The clicks and tones are also a part of the FWC implementation which is in development, and an initial implementation would be available soon. Rest assured, we’ll try and make the bus as accurate as the real one :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback!

4 Likes

I am firmly convinced of that. And thank you for your work.

1 Like

What I also noticed is that the transition warning display in the PFD has been missing for some time.
That was always very helpful.
I keep forgetting (to my shame) to switch to STD and back. :sunglasses: :flushed: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

It’s always been there. Do you have Menu Animations disabled by any chance in MSFS settings?

Thank you - of course you have to know that first.
I don’t even know who (or which update) has switched that off for me. Until recently it was still running.

Thank you again - small cause big effect.

1 Like

Does it just seem like that to me or did you adjust the engine dynamics with the last update 62a565f. During today’s check flight it was much more realistic.
The bus did not take off halfway down the runway and did not come to a stop on the first exit when landing .
Keep it up - keep it up - keep it up.

Engine dynamics are a constant work-in-progress as we continue to improve the fuel systems and oil pressure modeling.

The last update we pushed was the brand new cockpit textures. You can check what is being added or fixed by checking this list: Commits · flybywiresim/a32nx · GitHub