Daily Group VFR Flights

Hi everyone,
I’ve made a webpage that generates new random flights each day. The idea is that it helps coordinate where groups can fly.

You can find it here: https://fsdailies.azurewebsites.net

There are several kinds of flights…

Short flights are from a random airport to a nearby airport. These usually take less than 20 mins.

Scenic flights will pick a random landmark and build a flight from local airports and set the landmark as a waypoint. These usually take about an hour.

Bush trips are made up from a series of 5 airports chosen at random in Alaska, Canada, South Africa and Australia. These can take up to 2.5 hours.

You can download each flight as a .pln file and load it directly in FS2020 from the world map.

Also check out the links for each flight, this includes the SkyVector flight plan, 3D maps, terrain, landmarks and weather.

So if you want some inspiration on where to fly either solo or in groups, come check it out.

9 Likes

Will try that tonught, nice idea! :slight_smile:

the idea is definitely great! i would wish if there coule be added something like a mid ranke flight or long range ones.

long range could be intercontinental and mid range could 2 airports somewhere in the same continent i also would like to ask in which timezone the updates happen

I’m gonna wait for feedback on long haul flights. I could easily add them, but I want to encourage group play and exploration.

As for the update time, it’s midnight UTC. But it may be delayed due to caching.

1 Like

i would defindly love to do midrange flights. ill test the short one when msfs is installed again. i finally bought the premium deluxe edition

I’ve added a discord server and 2 ‘Long Haul’ flights. One will be shorter, between 250 and 500nm, the other 800nm to 1500nm. Long haul flights only fly in and out of major airports.

2 Likes

Thank you for the effort and work you put into this.

dw

Most excellent! Thank you for your work!