"Dancing" throttle X52 Pro in the TBM

Ok, so your throttle is perfect. My throttle is old and I don’t see any “dancing”. So why is my throttle ok if it’s a bug in the sim?

Have you calibrated it in windows?, or just in game. If its just the animation with no side effects I’d just report it as a bug on zendesk and move on…Have you reported it to zendesk and if so what did they say.

You can not calibrate the X52 pro, the only thing you can do is go to sensetivity and redo the axis for joystick and throttle. I have tested it in Windows.

It is not just a visual glitch, the throttle actually moves for a blink of a second and it does loose torque.

Something that does help or at least looks like it fixes the problem is to put all “sliders” on the throttle to absolute minimum. Even though I have nothing mapped to the “sliders” on the throttle they seem to interfere with the throttle in the TBM.

For now it seems like that might have fixed the problem, I will try a little bit more.

There are different X52 pro with different GUIDs. Depending on when you got it, MSFS identifies them as different sticks even though it is the same brand. This has been the case in other sims when people have not had the actual sim detected. It appears that there are different specs floating around with the same brand and make.

For simple testing of what your input controls are actually doing you can use DIView

It’s an old software so it cannot handle devices with more than 32 buttons. (It just stops counting) but it is fairly useful and easy to use for quick checks of axes etc.

Right click within an axis window gives you the option to view the raw input data. This way you can see if your axis sensors are a bit janky etc.

Thanks mate, I will try it out.

True, but if you assign a second lever to the propeller axis, you can use it to move the throttle between the flight (left) and feather (right) positions. I have it that way on my Bravo, and it works well after a little practice. Check out Rmag’s video on YouTube to see how it all works.

2 Likes

You’re not supposed to manually alter the prop on the TBM. Why do that? There is no control for it in the real aircraft. It’s handled by the computer. Hacking it this way will only cause problems.

I’m no expert in the TBM 930, but I can see that its throttle handle’s full range of positions form an “H”. On the left side, if you move it all the way back, it goes into rev mode, but on the right it goes to lo idle and ultimately cutoff. And the way it works with the prop axis bound does not strike me as a hack at all, on the contrary.

I don’t know how you’d support that with only one axis, but I admit that I haven’t tried.

2 Likes

You use the mouse during startup to move the throttle into Flight Idle. Then it’s just one axis like normal. Easy Peasy.

Other than that you can build a custom throttle system in your home cockpit.

I didn’t say that you needed two axes configured. I just find it more convenient that way. No need to look down on the in-game throttle while I’m watching the engine gauges.

So I shared the less than obvious information that this is possible. After all, some of us like to avoid using the mouse more than necessary, which is why we invest in peripherals in the first place.

And calling it a “hack” is silly. The designers of the TBM model correctly identified that you’re feathering the propeller when you move the throttle to the right side. And which axis is usually used for that? The propeller axis!

Easy Peasy, yourself. :wink:

I had the same issue while using MSFS 2020, but the same hardware works as it should in X-Plane 11. With the number of people reporting the same issue, it is possible there is a bug with the software. It certainly isn’t a hardware issue if that same hardware works correctly in another application.