Darkstar Autopilot

Please enable a basic autopilot for the Darkstar so I can turn it on to maintain altitude (and heading etc).

I already completed the Darkstar challenge so I’m referring to use autopilot in free flight mode.

I second this! Would like to use it for regular flight! Going to space is getting boring, not much to see lol

1 Like

Thank you all for your votes!

1 Like

It would be great to see basic ILS functionality as well. Specially when trying to get lined up with runways that are too far away to see on the synthetic vision.

I like that idea.

I was looking to enable a basic autopilot myself by editing the plane’s config files but these files appear to be locked like other premium planes.

If I’m not mistaken, adding a basic autopilot would be as simple as changing a zero to a one in a cfg file. However something this basic might require button binds (which I already have set up) and not reflected in the cockpit in any way, but in my opinion it would still be better than nothing.

You have my vote. I’m so sick and tired of Microsofts quantity over quality approach. It’s not like they release stuff early and fix it later, that would be somewhat acceptable. But as of now, they release something less than half baked and don’t fix it later either, maybe a few bugs if you are lucky but that’s about it. They actually think 50-80% “inop” and “not implemented” is acceptable for a simulator nowadays…

I’m not bashing or anything but imho this is exactly the reason people see this as a “game” and not a sim. Ironically the sim part comes from 3rd party devs and not the devs themselves and they literally pointed towards this in a dev stream on why this is a sim and not a game. Because of something a 3rd party made…

Overall the Top Gun DLC is a terrible disappointment, even more so considering how much more time they had. Know what, I now have the motivation to make my own post about this. Thanks. Gonna be much longer than this one though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like