Darkstar Challenge Landing detection

Hi there,

managed to fly the darkstar challenge but landing in Cape Canaveral is not detected and mission not finished. Has anyone the same problem or solution?

Thanks

2 Likes

was wondering the same thing
 i just moved on to ‘open world’ flying of the dark star, but like the low speed runs in f-18 
 I think some of these missions are fairly glitched.

just landed it myself
no way to “finish” the task. Parked and shut down engines and nothing happened.

I wonder. Cool Top Gun DLC. But wasn’t there really enough time to test it out?

I think we were trying to be too fancy. Just passed it by enabling the “Objectives” Menu and following the step-by-step directions in the right order.

3 Likes

Objectives" menu, I haven’t thought of that yet. Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

3 Likes

Yes, being more precise, more accurately follow the flight path and altitude, use “Objectives” for help while doing so. It worked and the flight was completed. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

This solution hasn’t worked for me yet. Here’s what I’m getting:

I get all the way to the OBJECTIVES on the Descent that are displayed together as:
Pitch Down -10 degrees
Set Turbines to 80% power

However, I far overshoot the destination runway if I follow that exactly. Even though I maneuver down to the glideslope and then bring turbine power up to 80% on both engines, it never shows the Set Turbines to 80% power objective as having been achieved - that line in the Objectives never turns green - and the objectives do not progress past that point.

So, by holding turbine power at idle and pitching down beyond -10 degrees, I can finally get on glideslope at a point between HODUB and GIGLE - nearer to GIGLE actually - then I lower the landing gear about 5 nm out (GIGLE is approx 6 miles out), descend and land, activate Spoilers and come to a stop on the runway, but the Challenge does not trigger its completion.

I’ve tried this several times but end up getting the same result, in that latter part of the descent.
Is there a workable solution to overcome these issues?

1. What’s the secret to making it down to a stabilized approach 3° glide path in time to get speed down and descend to make the landing, if I don’t hold off the power at idle and if I don’t descend faster than the -10°on that segment between NAILE and HODUB?
  2. Is there a way to get past that issue and back onto the proper sequencing of the remaining descent and landing Objectives showing up after that point?
  3. At what point should I be switching off the Scramjet and Fuel Cell, and shouldn’t there be an Objective listed to do that at the appropriate time/altitude of the descent?

Also, I didn’t notice an Objective to switch off the Landing Light after takeoff nor to switch it on before landing: are there points in the flight at which those Objectives should be displayed?

Is there a way to overcome these problems in the descent profile Objectives?