Darkstar won't lift off the runway during takeoff in landing challenge

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

During the challenge, darkstar won’t leave the runway despite the stick being full back. It’s like the gear is stuck to the ground. In normal non-challenge flight, I’m able to depart Miramar airport and get airborne, but it only rotates once it hits the absolute end of the runway, almost as if it is hitting a bump that frees the gear.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Try to takeoff on landing challenge–results in a crash as you inevitably go off the runway and die. Try to depart miramar, hit the bump at end of runway and get airborne.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

T16000M stick that has zero issues with anything to date

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Your parking brakes are on, release them and takeoff will be normal (I ran into the same issue)

1 Like

Ditto. What makes it hard to know this is that the aircraft accelerates, albeit slowly, with the park brake on to a speed you’d think would be fast enough to take off with, it just never will.

For me under afterburner on, as it says in the mission description

I have the same problem and the parking brakes are off.

1 Like

I can lift off the runway only in Top gun challenge. In other cases, Darkstar is unplayable.

5 Likes

im having the same problem as well. i just want to enjoy the craft outside of the challenge mode.

Same problem :frowning:

I had the same problem with the F-14; unable to lift the nose to takeoff attitude. In troubleshooting I realized I was trying to take off with a full fuel load and did not pay attention to the total gross weight. When I reduced the fuel and lowered the takeoff weight I was able to rotate for takeoff. After getting airborne I was able to simulate inflight refueling and continue the flight plan. Maybe it’s something to look into for the Darkstar.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Hello Creators.

My laptop is a 2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 AMD 5900HS RTX3080 32giga of Ram. I use a Thrustmaster stick and a TrackIR. FS2020 has been running like an angel on this platform.

I feel it has nothing to do with the parking brake because the aircraft moves without resistance when close to idle thrust with brakes off. Also the plane does not move when the brakes are on. It is when you throttle up (after brake release) and as it stars running faster that appears this devil resistance striving to ground the aircraft on the nose wheel with banking right or left. It is like a “on front wheel wheely”. See Netiense video post in this discussion. That does not look like if someone had forgotten to release the parking brakes, or like if this aircraft shows motivation take you to the skys.

The problem only appears when you run it outside of the Maverick Challenge mode. Strangely it worked ok once with a cold startup from the ramp in open world airport. I could taxi normally but as soon as I reached the runway the plane went bananas again.

In some cases when throttling up, the four (why four btw?) engines rev crazy all the way up and never come down to idle again……………

Moreover if you start flying the aircraft from the airborne stage, it falls like a stone and wants to get inverted no matter what you do.

The full fuel load and total gross weight do not fix it either. What is a total gross weight if you cannot make the most of it. Again the plane dances oddly on the taxiway like if it wanted to go to the bathroom prior to taking the huge leap.

(Side note: I have the same issue with helicopters addons. The choppers just do not want to lift-off. The only one that works fine is the Airbus H135… Not sure if this could help).

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

https://youtu.be/14lb9UQ2uoo

1 Like

Odd, that’s not my experience with it. This is how I take off in it and it seems to work in free flight without issue for me.

1 Like

I agree with your comments and find the aircraft unplayable (not a word I have ever used about MS2020) so I have, for the first time ever, deleted the mod until it is fixed.

Looks like someone found the issue in the other thread for this, Legacy Flight Model strikes again.

5 Likes

I do so, turn off the parking brakes. But it doesn’t help me.

1 Like

Well done Lads !!
Now it flies like a bird, rather a fast bird.
This is a new era to cruise around the globe and visit anywhere.

Same for me :frowning:
In the “challenge” flight everything works out perfectly, but out of that, at any other airport take off is not possible since it seems like the front wheel is blocked.
Any solutions for this so far?

I have the exact same problem!

In have the same problem. The Darkstar works fine in the Top Gun challenge, but not in open world.

I also habe exactly the same problem with planes from Reno Air Race in Open World. The P51 is not controllable in Open World, but works great in Race.

I am also having problems with Darkstar and the Mavrick challenges. My Darkstar won’t even leave the ground. Flight control move, but don’t apprear to react. All my other aircraft fly fine. What’s up with that? On the F18 Maverick challenges, the countdown numbers all stay on the screen in a big white blob and never leave. You can clearly see the leftovers of the 3, 2, 1 & Go right in the middle of the screen… Has anyone else seen this type of behavior with the latest update too? Thanks.

1 Like

Solution for broken flight dynamic Darkstar: switch the flight model to MODERN and restart from main menu
I don’t have problem with big white blob, numbers