Click the “Change settings” button
Look for the following apps in the list:
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Microsoft Store
Steam
Steam Web Helper
Steam Web Helper
Store Experience Host
make sure each app has 3 ticks, 1 to the left of its name, 1 in the Private column, 1 in the Public column
Click OK
Click the X to close off “Windows Defender Firewall”

If this doesn’t work, here are a few more suggestion.
from the apps and features menu, “Reset” both the MSStore and XBox Apps.

If you are still having issues, here is a thread that may also be needed to try.

Hi

I can’t pass this section here. Can’t access the “Change settings” button you mention. lokks my antivirus has control on this.

Uninstall the McAfee.
I suspect that may be a big part of your issues.

Hi

I want to report that after many YouTube videos and your suggestions I got rid of CTDs. I’ve been flying for the last few days perfectly.

Looks like changes to some windows settings, my antivirus, video card, etc my sim is now to normal. No shuttering and it is super clear and beautiful.

I’m a happy pilot again!!!

Ty so much.

1 Like

That’s really nice to hear!
Good flights. :+1:

This will do nothing, do not mess with your Virtual Memory settings on Windows. The vast majority of “solutions” to fix issues with FS2020 do absolutely nothing and make no difference whatsoever as to how this game works (or doesn’t work for some). If this did do something then everybody would have to change these settings to get it to run smoothly. I was running FS2020 last night while running screen share via Spacedesk for pop out windows, FS Map Tool for mapping and Plex was streaming and transcoding Frasier to my TV, all without a hitch with FS2020 running the Eurocopter (or whatever it’s called) at Ultrawide with Ultra GFX. I have done none of these “fixes” for the game. No goofy Nvidia nonsense, no animal sacrifices… etc.

That is out and out not correct. It works extremely well for 16GB and smaller amounts of ram.
In most instances above that it does little or nothing.
I have 16 GB and I personally know the difference.
I can also also point out to you numerous other instances in here where I have advised others to do so, and it has transformed the sim for them.
The latest was just 12 hours ago.

no… it… doesn’t!

MS Zendesk doesn’t agree with you.

From Zendesk:

INCREASE THE VIRTUAL MEMORY (PAGEFILE) ON YOUR SYSTEM

• In the Windows Search bar, type Advanced system settings and open the Control Panel.
  • Make sure you’re on the Advanced tab.
  • Click the Settings button from under the Performance
  • On the Performance Options box, go to the Advanced tab > Performance
  • Click on Settings
  • On the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
  • Click to select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed (by default C:)
  • Click to select the Custom size radio button.
  • In the now-enabled fields, type the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile in megabytes (MB) according to the physical memory present in your computer.
  • Click Set and then click OK.
  • Restart your computer.
1 Like

and we should never forget the existing topics about…

But it is not allways necessary… only in case the rule behind the default setting prevent a correct increasment of pagefile size.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.