DC-3 classic A3 Gyropilot not working

Hi Good folks,
I’ve looked through bug reports and xcan find no mention of a bug since update on the gyropilot so I assume it’s something I’ve got worng.

The Gyropilot worked fine before the update, both heading and elevation was fine.

Since the update non of the buttons in that small panel highlight when I hover over them and I can’t click them.

Every other control in the cockpit seems fine and functions as it should.

Any ideas?
Thanks folks.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m experiencing the exact same issue. Haven’t found a solution yet I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Have to say that I’m also having trouble with the Sperry Autopilot

2 Likes

Having the same issue. After the update nothing is working on the DC3 Sperry autopilot!!!

1 Like

Thanks for your responses folks…

…is anyone not having problems with the classic DC-3 Sperry Gyropilot?

I just did a quick flight and for the most part it worked but the button for HDG select seems to get reversed. I was able to control pitch with pitch hold and change direction with HDG hold but once I pressed pitch hold, the hdg hold button popped out and I then had to cycle it to get it to track the heading bug, but the AP was functional for me.

1 Like

As I said in previous post, I have the same problem. There is no power going to the Auto gyro pilot. The gauge that is supposed to show the suction in Hg? coming to the auto pilot, is at cero. Tried the light blue lever forward and aft and no luck!! talk to Aeroplane Heaven and they gave a prompt courteous answer, but was about the same…still no power to the Auto Gyro pilot. :sweat:

1 Like

My work around for the autopilot is to assign key binds to the functions i want , ie heading hold , attitude hold, altitude hold, nav hold etc, so i press those and it works perfectly, i can follow a course from the world map too, it even works on some aircraft with autopilot, for instance , the L39 Sarance has gns430 but no autopilot, using key binds its does everything i want it to

1 Like

It seems the answer is the Duckworks mod on flightsim.to. website

All sorted now :ok_hand: :+1:

Gary that sounds very hopeful. But there are about 4 different DC3 add-ons in Duckworks. Do you recall which Duckworks mod are you referring to? I looked at all descriptions but didn’t see any reference to a fix for the autopilot.