DC 3 (German) locPak way off

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue:

The German locPak for the DC-3 is completely derailed, making it virtually impossible to follow checklists from in-game. Notably, the variant name for the Emerald Harbor retrofit made me realize the issue, too.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:


English would be “Douglas Mesh the selected engine once energised”


Comparison of the two locPak files de (left) and en (right)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

set language to German and select the aircraft. Start a flight and try to run through the checklist.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

irrelevant to topic.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.29.28.0 - introduction of the plane into the game


:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi, the French locPak is also really bad…

The french correction is here

Hope someone will correct the german version too…

German is now incorporated in the Duckworks DC-3 Improvement Mod.

I’d like to ask not to mark this as solution or to close this thread for as long as the base plane’s problem hasn’t been addressed. Thank you.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Did not confirm it in the simulator, but I checked the .locPack translations of several languages and can confirm that there seems to be an issue.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

For example: the “GAME.CHECKLIST.RESULT.APPLY” key has the value “APPLY” in the English .locPack.
I will assume that the other language .locPack files should just contain the translation of every value in the respective language, but that the meaning of the translation for every key should not change.
That means that for the “GAME.CHECKLIST.RESULT.APPLY” example, the value in the german .locPack should be “ANWENDEN”.

Interestingly, for every other language than English that I checked, this does not seem to be the case, as the values do not seem to correspond at all to the keys.

So for other languages the example value for “GAME.CHECKLIST.RESULT.APPLY” translates to “OPEN WINDOW” instead of “APPLY”…
The English language does have a value “OPEN WINDOW”, but for the key “COCKPIT.TOOLTIPS.WINDOWOPEN_TITLE” instead, which seems correct.

Therefore I assume that the translation was originally done correctly, but for several languages, maybe even all others (I did not check all, just some like German, French, Russian…), the mapping between keys and values in the file seems completely different(wrong).

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: