DC design Concorde EBU and Electrical generation issues (Xbox Series X)

Hello everyone, I have a big problem since the last update of MSFS, one of my favorite addons, the Concorde of DC-Design has very big problem that makes it very difficult to play.

I tried everything, uninstall, reinstall the whole game, check if all the updates are there, nothing!

There are several big problems:

• the EBU switch goes down by itself after starting the engines but remains active (blue light). If I try to move it, everything goes back to normal, but if I don’t leave it activated, there is an hydraulic and breaks problem and I can’t move the AP1 and AP2 buttons

• the map under the left armrest remains frozen, impossible to do anything with it

• at each flight, there comes a moment when all the cabin lights go out and it’s impossible to turn them on again. A BATT ISOLATE light comes on next to the left battery button and the map works like magic again… Only I am in the dark (except for the instrument lights which still work and all the avionics.

• at the same time, If I try to deactivate the EBU, I lose all the electricity and the avionics! And impossible to turn it back on, I tried everything!

It really bothers me that an Addon I paid 50€ for doesn’t work at this point! It was one of my favourite devices

btw. wrong corner see this description: This section is dedicated to Bugs for the core sim (not mods or 3rd party content)

however I cant find now corner for 3rd party but it was here … :confused:

Topic moved into Interests > Aircraft

The Bug Reports category is for base sim content only. :+1:

1 Like

I haven’t flown the Concorde in SU11, but I can see from the very active DC Designs Discord that various bugs have been created with the current sim version. I’d suggest posting your details there to see if everything you’re experiencing is related to SU11.

Is there some reason why you’re not asking this in the main DC Designs Concorde thread? Or better yet searching that thread for the answer?

Are you on the beta? I’ve flown the Concorde several times recently and I am not in the beta and the plane works fine. However,

The checklist fails to include a necessary step, of turning on the inverters. Engineer station, right side, upper panel. I’ll see if I can get a picture, but there are four switches that have to be on.

If you load flight on the runway with engines running, this problem doesn’t happen.

Also I’m not sure which switch is the EBU switch. Can you provide a picture?

In general, when debugging this, load the plane, running and look at how the switches are set up. Then you can go back to cold and dark and start up normally.

And the map at the pilots left side works great. As long as you have a flight plan entered. Not sure why you’re having a problem with it.

I did a flight PHNL-RJTT just a few days ago.

1 Like

Ow sorry for that, thank you

Hi, thanks for your quick answers to all, and for moving the topic, I couldn’t find the right place for it.

First of all, no, my game is not in beta. I’m not really a fan of direct runway starts, so I didn’t think to load the plane already started.

Indeed, it seems that the problem does not exist in this case

As for the electrical problem, all the switches are in the right position I guarantee. I even made a comparison between the plane directly started and the cold and dark.

And here is the EBU switch btw, essential to start the plane on the ground.

Also, I’ve always flown perfectly fine doing the same actions, it’s just now that it doesn’t work.

1 Like

The switches you need to turn on from cold and dark, the switches that are causing the problem and are not mentioned in the checklist, are the four red protected switches above the EBU switch.

The panel above the EBU switch, four red protected switches at the bottom are in the wrong position in cold and dark and need to be flipped. Then your electrical problem will go away.

I prefer cold and dark starts also which is why I had to figure this out. It should also be possible to change the apron.FLT file so the switches are set to the correct position automatically.

The EBU switch is the external power. You can use it while at the gate, but once engines are started, and the inverters (above) are set, you should turn it off. Theoretically, you should turn it off before push back.

4 Likes

After asking on the discord, indeed my problem was with four protected switches called “CSD”. (Not the ones directly above the EBU, a bit higher).

As for the EBU itself, I turn it off before the pushback and the start of engines 1 and 4 now, maybe that does it too.

Anyway, I’ve always run the Concorde the same way, and the update must have disrupted some things. In any case now it works!

4 Likes

Thank god I find your post to solve this, still wonder how I missed that, thx !

2 Likes