DC Designs AV-8B Harrier II Discussion thread

Hi folks, something new for you all, due for release in October 2022 if all continues to go well.

IMPORTANT: we cannot offer any support of any kind on this forum or on any other forum thread containing our products, so any questions or requests cannot be replied to. Follow our Facebook page for updates and more detailed information :+1:

16 Likes

The whole canopy looks super weird, looks too big.

2 Likes

The canopy is correctly shaped and proportioned, but the cockpit interior LOD01 model is very basic at present so it doesn’t fill up the interior space as it should.

4 Likes

Have you not seen the anti-FB hysteria? I don’t suffer from it myself (though I don’t like it) and only have an FB account to be able to use my Oculus, sorry… Facebook, sorry… Meta Quest headset.

But I don’t think announcing a product and telling people that the only place they can find out about is facebook is a great idea for attracting potential customers - just my opinion from what I’ve seen/read over the years :wink:

16 Likes

:+1:
Yes, it looks like people not using FB and/or others asocial networks are idiots.
It’s a NOGO for me.

1 Like

It’s not our fault. Microsoft guidelines insist that we do not offer any further support of any kind to followers of our products, on threat of us losing our posting privileges. Please take it up with them as we have no control over this.

We are aware that many users here do not like Facebook, which was why we tried to offer support where we could for owners of our airplanes. In all fairness to the moderators, it does say at the top of the forums that developers cannot provide support here, but it was tolerated for a long time. Unfortunately, our willingness to support users has often led to that support being abused by some forum members for trivial reasons, so we are now withdrawing all support from this forum.

Finally, you don’t have to sign up to Facebook in order to see my weekly update posts. You only need to click on the link and you can still read everything.

DC Designs Facebook

10 Likes

Maybe start a discord channel?

3 Likes

Watched the Harrier test flight last night. Very impressed :clap: am looking forward to its release and its evolution.
Bravo Sir :clap:

1 Like

There will be those who don’t like Discord either. As we have discovered repeatedly here, we can’t please everybody unfortunately, despite best efforts.

10 Likes

Honestly your service has been above and beyond the call of duty.

8 Likes

Looking forward to this one, Dean. Your planes are consistently great in that always tough to define “dollar / fun ratio” sweet spot for sim products. :+1:

4 Likes

Just so you know, it immediately tells me I have to sign in to FB to see the post you linked.

Looking forward to your Harrier though.

That’s odd. At least from my computer, I am able to view the DC Designs FB page and that post specifically all without logging in. There’s a big login button at the bottom of the screen, but I was still able to access everything.

1 Like

Only options are login or create account, no bypass path.

No matter, I’ve seen the video here and what I see already achieved is enough knowing the level of design on Dean’s other models. Much softer undercarriage travel will improve it especially upon vertical landing when the aircraft should get forcibly sucked to the ground along with the nose gear not turning in the hover with rudder inputs, but on the whole it’s shaping up to be a great addition.

Another improvement would be if it were an FA2 Sea Harrier of course, but this will do at a push :grin:

1 Like

Dean,

maybe Avsim would be fine for your needs. Commercial developers have had support sections there for decades and it’s a forum like this so someone who can use the MSFS forum will be able to sign up at Avsim easily. There will be those who just don’t like Avsim but well…

2 Likes

Avsim takes the “grumpy entitled old men” factor of this place and turns it up to 11.

6 Likes

true… but I don’t think that these grumpy old men are the target (and actual) audience of DC Design. The dedicated support sections are usually much more civilized than the general areas.

Hey - I resemble that remark! :smiley: And that’s probably why I stay away from there. There’s enough grumpy old men over at the Outhouse anyway…

And on a side note, you get double points if you know this pic!

4 Likes

This topic is to discuss the DC Designs AV-8B Harrier II.

Stay on-topic. Thank you.

2 Likes

Stonehenge?

2 Likes