DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

after coming across a video on youtube been internet surfing on the subject of the RAF buying F14`s instead of the then delayed tornado ADV. Also Germany and Canada looking at the Tomcat too. i lived thru this time period and being a self admitting aircraft nerd never heard anything about it. i feel shame.
IF this had happened this could have been a bigger push for the D model and the way the RAF hang on to its aircraft, we could still be flying F14s today! makes you think.

If Canada bough them instead of the CF-18’s, they’d still be in the air until the mid 2050’s….

I don’t know how to react to that…

Must admit the Rcaf maybe livery looked very sharp. And as I haven’t been to see top gun maverick because the star of the original top gun wasn’t in it much I would have been happy to have gone F14 hunting when I went to Calgary In 1997

Check this out:

paint scheme in the video i saw was more voodoo like. off white with the red strip. but whatever way you cut it, F14 is more sexy than either F/A 18s.
now i`m thinking about the tomcat in blue angels colours

ok, so next question. if the RAF , RN ,RCAF, Luftwaffe and IAF brought the Tomcat , would the first top gun film been so successful?
like Concorde the Tomcat being so rare helped the film?

Would germany buy the tomcat even tho they dont have any carriers to land it on?
Also a Royal Navy carrier would be too short to launch from thats why they invested in the Harrier with ramp assist

supposedly the Luftwaffe would have had it for the interceptor role as would have the RAF like Iran. in the 70s the royal navy still had proper carriers , i dont know when the last one of them was retired.

That may have been HMS Ark Royal, she was the last ship to carry RN Buccaneers and Phantoms. She docked for the last time in 78 after that the Buccaneers were modified for RAF service right up into Operation Desert Storm.

The next generation of Ark Royal was alot shorter at around 233m with the ramp for the new harriers

1 Like

it sure was, but when the RN scraped there “proper” carriers the RAF received the navies buccaneers and F4s .
again who knows what way the RN would have gone if they had F14s

They probably would have avoided developing VTOL and we wouldnt have had the F35 today.
BAe and Rolls Royce were years ahead of everyone in terms of reliability.
Im so looking forward to DC Designs Harrier, i hope VTOL feels much like balancing a suit caes length ways on a broom handle

will pick up deano`s harrier when it comes out and the F-4j because it should be fun and the RAFs F-4j used to be based near me. but really looking forward to his A-10. managed to get near them lots and blag got amount of static seat time 81st TFW

2 Likes

From todays flight. :sunglasses:

Happy Flying :crazy_face:

6 Likes

10 Likes

F-14a Tomcat intercepts an Airbus | recorded in Virtual Reality

3 Likes

Hi, . I bought the last version of this F-16 but i have a little problem with the payload. When i load missiles and i put the exactly weight, pilons appear but not the missiles. Naturally all pc’s drivers components and MSFS updated. Have you got a solution? Many Thanks

This is the F-14 thread and if you bought it from the marketplace then the weapons are not available

This is Bob, he loves his job.
Can you put Bob off his job?

Just for fun :+1:

2 Likes

Good to go Bob?

Bob loves London

Say hi to Boris Bob

Do what exactly Bob?..is that an ord…
Your the ranking officer Bob

Over?or under?

Your crazy Bob… Rodger RTB

o7