DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

F-35 piece of junk? What’s wrong with it exactly?

It’s very well modelled and the developer is brilliant at what they do.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help!
I always switched the switches on the right to catch the glideslope. The lable are kinda irritating, because AWL stands for “All weather landing” and ACL “Automated carrier landing”. with the F-14X in P3D one could use both, AWL and ACL to catch glideslopes at airports. Carrier landings were a bit more demanding than landing on concrete runways.

1 Like

Correction
I apologize to the maker of the F35. I meant the F22 Raptor.

Question for the group.

VOR to VOR in the F14B
Are the frequency in the photo the VOR freq I need to set in the F14 radio? Thanks!!!
Trying hard to be a better F14 pilot. :sunglasses:

Note: My takeoffs are becoming butter smooth, Under 250 until above 10K.

Update: That was it. When I put the freqs in, the lower left VOR matches the upper right. I’m loving VOR to VOR.

This is why I always hand fly it in.
Update: At the end of the flight I trusted auto landing and it put me in the drink. :frowning:
Sometime it works perfect, sometimes it puts you in the drink. Not sure if it had to do with the fact that I was in online mode. :thinking: I’m normally never in online mode.

3 Likes

Can we get an ajustable HUD?
In order for me to see the runway I have to move my view up and that throws off the HUD.

Just food for thought. No reply necessary.
Thanks!!

1 Like

Ah, the Breedok one? Yeh I hear it’s terrible as the developer is pretty much non responsive on any online channel.

Recently got the Eurofighter. Abysmal.

4 Likes

Handy hint for you. The display in the front console gives the same information so you dont need to see the HUD. you can then see the runway and relate to the MFD

1 Like

Version 1.0.7 has been released

v1.0.7

• Revised elevator trim limits.
  • Revised pitch authority vs mach.
  • improved handling at high airspeed.
  • Revised lift vs flaps values since CFD.
  • A little surprise in the PFD…
  • MFD, revised ranges.
  • Revised Cockpit Panel/Cabin Lighting knobs functionality not working as intended.
  • Formation Lights now works as Recognition Lights, so should be working in Multiplayer.
  • Remodeled and re-textured canopy frame and glareshield for higher realism
  • Moved stock cockpit camera for greater instrument visibility and landing view
  • Added virtual cockpit collision mesh for virtual reality cursor
  • Added cockpit collision mesh for camera movement within canopy bounds
  • Added new internal crew models for higher realism and detail
  • Improved F-14B exhaust nozzle animation code
6 Likes

Thanks!! for the info but with the new update the problem is solved. :sunglasses:

Yep, the Breedok one.

Just landed in Italy.
The latest update is AWESOME!! I don’t know if it’s my imagination but the in flight response of the F14B felt butter smooth.

GREAT!!! Job guys.

3 Likes

All - Update 1.0.7 - flew to TO/LDG and tested plane, seems to me easier to get to landing speed of approx. 137KIAS and get nose up for landing. Maybe just getting better. Now need to learn how to navigate it for CC flights. And get any ILS system working. It fly’s better for me, trim is more responsive and just better to fly for me. Great Job DC Designs, CNJ and Dean. Thank you for update. Assume, once new MSFS SU comes out that things might change some, but for new great job. MS71

5 Likes

I read 1.0.7… my version bought at the MS Marketplace is still 1.0.6 without any update option.
Is there a way I can update my tomcat?

Marketplace is always slow to incorporate updated products from 3rd parties. Unfortunately you’ll just have to wait it out. The annoying thing about it is that you don’t know if you’ll be waiting a day, 2 days, or 2 months! I waited almost 3 months for them to update the Stearman last year.

The moral of the story is, don’t buy anything from the marketplace if there are other options available

5 Likes

such a pretty aircraft

11 Likes

I own F-15, F-14 and the F-16 from DC and SC, personally I really like these planes, but they are too arcadey, at least they could have better modeling, at least external modeling, to make them look just as good as the f-18 Asobo, (which is just as arcadey as these) they are fun YES u a lot, are they realistic? NO, so at least do an external modeling in conditions like many other developers already do, without pixels, without low-quality textures, with rivets without 3D quality, etc.

1 Like

Thanks to you I managed to hit the glideslope. At least I know which switch to set.
As I approached the airport with caught glideslope I set flaps ( which I actually did not set before) to 50% and as I did so the F-14 lost the grip of the vertical Glideslope indicator.
Another problem is, that the DLC switch seems to be inoperative, at least it does not rest in place when I hit it. It snaps back to its former position everytime I switched it. I tried this with flaps set and landing gear down.
When I set the speedbrakes the DLC spoilers move upwards, but shouldn’t they move when I turn the DLC switch as well?

I think the problem is, that the FS got its limitations.
I know several sims in which the simulated F-14 e.g. is a lot more realistic. And I mean a lot!
In my opinion the outside modelling is really good in DC Designs F-14.
The Asobo jet you mentioned, the F/A-18, feels like a toy compared to the F-14. Just count the number of inoperative buttons in this plane.
I’d like to fly the F/A-18 as well, but I wait for it to get updated what hopefully will happen someday. :slight_smile:

Bought most of my planes from the marketplace, feeling a little frustrated now, guess I’ll have to sit and wait it out.
I’d agree, very arcades, but great fun to fly nevertheless.

So what’s the little surprise in the pfd?
I could wait to check myself but being on xbox it could be a while :grin: