DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

Interesting. I’ll do some testing tonight. Currently on the way to WMKK from Dubai in the 15. I’ll run the 14 next.

Guys sorry, but your C.G. for F-14 are fully aft compared with the real thing:

More than 22% is considered extreme aft location.

in case of F-15:

Also, recommended landing speeds vs gross weight for f-14:

Example: for 50000lbs GW, you can land at 133knots

2 Likes

I’ve done some research and seen the same. I just haven’t run it that low. I’ve got 1:07 till I get to Kuala Lumpur. I’ll test that too.

1 Like

Anyway, i’m open to review the bounce effect if neccesary.

It happened with the 787 a few updates ago. The fix, pre-hotfix, was adjusting the CG. Looking forward to landing so I can switch to the 14 and test it. I haven’t flown that plane in a few days. I didn’t have any bouncing prior to that, and there hasn’t been a hotfix, so I’m quite curious to see if it happens for me too. I’ll report…

1 Like

Almost there. Very curious on this one. I’ve bounced a few times in the 14, but only when I’ve come in at too steep of an angle at either too low or too high of a speed. It’s been much more stable/easier to fly for me during landings and approaches than the 15. Hmmm…

If possible please have a look and see if it is messed up parameters or just real behaviour

no Idea as I normally fly the A32NX which is much more stable airliner, but I tried yesterday that at approximately 150knots, full weapon, 80% fuel remaining, even approaching at very low angle it still bounce on first touch down, I assume it should not bounce up and drop down 2 sec later even if it’s 20 knots above the optimal landing/ approach speed in real life?

1 Like

Running KAUS to KBUF right now now. I should be there in under an hour at full AB the entire way. Let’s see what I get…

I’m going to run this at 14. My apologies on the previous post on CG. I was in the 15. The CG in that is much different than that of the 14. That one seems to run great at 29. My landing in KL was butter smooth.

I just read through the manual and tried searching around in this topic - but is there an auto-flap system? It seems like I take off and put the flaps to zero degrees. And I find them at 5 or 10 degrees while flying.

What could my problem be?

Yes. See p. 28 of the PDF manual.

Whoops… scrolled right past it. Thank you!

Hi All, what landing speed do people target for the F14? 125 knots seems about right but feels like it’s coming in fast and hard to land if you don’t nail the flare

I’m targeting 140-145 knots. Usually beautiful landings. I’m full flaps. I’m also on a HOTAS one.

2 Likes

good to know, maybe I will aim for a faster air speed! Also on a Warthog here and MFG Crosswinds

2 Likes

Hi there, but did you notice a slight bounce effect at that speed? it seems like to me it don’t really show in the cockpit view with obvious visual clue, but from the touch down sound effect, it usually slightly bounce a bit and then land again smoothly

1 Like

Honestly, I did not notice any bounce. But, I only ever fly in the cockpit view with a custom camera view. And with that view, I only ever see bounce when I botch the landing from wind changes or not paying attention fully.

maybe try a bit on external view, just select a random runway to do quick runway, recently in full flaps and 140-155 knots with descend rate of as low as 200 it still have that touch down effect twice, not really observable visually but from the smoke of touch down and tyre screech noise it happens twice, else is smooth

1 Like

When I get a chance I’ll definitely give it a try.