De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver (both float plane and regular variants)

There is some really nice sight seeing by Denali out of Anchorage.

1 Like

Yes plase! The twin otter would also be cool. Itā€™s odd how they donā€™t already have the beaver/

2 Likes

Hi there,
Thanks for searching for this older topic rather than creating a new one!
Just to let you know, there is a separate Wishlist topic for the Twin Otter, in case you want to vote for that, too:

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!

2 Likes

Like the title says, FS2020 really needs aircraft like the DHC-2 Beaver and/or other Canadian classics like the DHC-3 Otter or DHC-6 Twin Otter or even regional jets like the CRJ.
Donā€™t get me wrong but itā€™s simply incomprehensible why the DHC-2 Beaver or the Bombardier (now Mitshubishi) CRJ which originally came with FSX arenā€™t included in FS2020. It almost seems like the devs hate these aircraft.
Itā€™s a shame that the devs prefer to model uninteresting, ā€˜blandā€™, dull and relatively unknown European (namely French) aircraft like those Daher aircraft. Note, Iā€™m not against these aircraft being present in FS2020 but IMO a DHC-2 for example would make much more sense.
And this is IMO a very big drawback! Classics like the DHC-2 should be part of the flight sim (FS2020) and I really wish that the devs or someone else could model some of these aircraft (such as the DHC-2 or DHC-3) some day and as soon as possible.

The Twin Otter from Aerosoft is right around the cornerā€¦itā€™s looking really good!

3 Likes

Trying to be strictly fair to ASOBO I think the selection of default aircraft is okay and quite varied even if the implementation sometimes isnā€™t (e.g. tubeliners) :slightly_smiling_face:

With any aircraft sim I have had (e.g. fsx, xplane, DCS, IL2) I have always had to go down the payware route to get what I really want :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Waiting for the Avro Arrow :eyes: :canada:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a little biased being Canadian, but totally agree Classics like the Beaver deserve a place. Iā€™m in the Canadian wilderness often and these planes are frequently seen:

Beaver
Turbo Beaver
Otter
Twin Otter
Norseman (thereā€™s even a annual Norseman Festival at Red Lake, Ontario)

These timeless aircraft will still be flying passengers and cargo into the Canadian wilderness for the foreseeable future. To me it is a huge letdown that we canā€™t fly them in FS2020.

Another classic is the Bushmaster ā€¦a kit that could be applied to several Piper models. I flew a day of minnow/leech trapline work in one with the operator. 16 puddle jumping touchdowns in a day with 45 gal aerated drums to hold the minnows and leeches ā€¦then deliveries the next day to the boat-in, fly-in fishing camps. Those planes are amazing. You could pick up your kid from a bathtub!
No idea why they hold up so well with that kind of abuse ā€¦but what a thill to fly in. FS2004 had them available and sure hope to see them in this incarnation too.

Iā€™ll get them all as they become available.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind a 3rd party Beaver addonā€¦but honestly I think Asobo should work on the airliners a bit more, maybe make a few more buttons more functional, instead of developing entirely new planes like the Husky.

Milviz of ā€œCorsairā€ fame are working on a Beaver:

2 Likes

Omgā€¦a good twin otter is a MUST HAVE. I love mine in P3D. Also have the Dhc2 beaver from milviz. What a plane.

1 Like

How about the Canadair 415 or 515. Best water bombers in the world.

2 Likes

And, let us not forget the need for a really good DHC-1 Chipmunk. Bubble canopy for the Canadian aircraft, and ā€œbirdcageā€ canopy for the UK. I am biased as my first flight was in an RAF Chippy in the Air Cadets in 1971 at RAF Newton, and I now live in Canada.

Some of you might enjoy an article about the JF Chipmunk I wrote a few years ago while I was still using FSX. Here is the link FlightSim.Com - On An Older System - Just Flight Chipmunk

Iā€™m not saying that the plane selection is ā€œbadā€ but it could be much, much better IMO.
Like I previously said, classics like the DHC-2 and the DC-3 (which I didnā€™t mentioned earlier since I was focusing on Canadian planes) are IMO badly missed in FS2020. IMO these two aircraft alone (DHC-2 and DC-3) are worth more than 10 times than all the Diamonds, Daher, ICON A5 and other ā€˜weirdoā€™ aircraft combined that Asobo decided to implement in FS2020.

Thanks guys! You made my day :+1: :smiley:

I hope these two planes get release ASAP!

2 Likes

Absolutely! :+1:
I would definitely like to see such aircraft in FS2020 but for some reason I can only see these aircraft being included if a 3rd party makes one. I had the pleasure of being inside a Canadair 215 recently!

But I would really like to see such aircraft modeled together with the possibility of doing actual water bomber mission and putting out forest fires (Another hint/request to Asobo :wink: ). This would IMO make FS2020 a much more thrilling simulator gameplay-wise!

1 Like

I am guessing that no one yet notices what is wrong with the first image of the MilViz Beaver. Well, you have to look with knowledge of flying the aircraft. The throttle, prop AND mixture leavers are all FULL FORWARD!!! That is not how a Beaver is flown, under any but the most extreme circumstances. I am seriously hoping that there will be better work than that done on the technical development of this magnificent aircraft!!!

1 Like

You missed this line: ā€œ dropped a little goodie: a gorgeous (WIP) shot of the instrument panelā€ā€¦. (WIP means Work in Progress)