Decimal NDB in Cessna 152

Congrats on the Xbox release, I’m excited to finally play FS2020! Just wondered is there a way to tune a decimal NDB in the C152 or is it a bug that we can’t just use the nearest frequency? I’m trying to practise some IR procedures at Southend UK, 362.5. In the real world we just use 362?

Thanks in advanced

Navigraph shows Southend NDB as 363.

Yes, tried this as well. Tried the Westcott NBD 335 without issue to test the theory and that worked no issue.

Ok, for anyone who comes across this I managed to find a work around by assigning a keyboard shortcut to “Increase ADF (0.1)”. Allows me to bring in the .5.

Still would be nice if this could be fixed to work with the nearest whole number, but at least I can practise now!

2 Likes

The work around describes here, mapping a keybind for increasing (or decreasing) the frequency in 0.1 increments, is the one I use as well.

However, for a frequency of 362.5 then, as in the real world, tuning the ADF to 362 or 363 should also allow the ADF to work.

I hope this issue can be addressed at some point.

1 Like

Was this bug ever resolved in recent updates?
I’m understand that in the real C152 there is no need for a decimal. You can just round off to the nearest whole number.

I have to admit I’ve not tried since all of the big updates came out. I’ve long finished my IR(R) rating which was the original reason this mattered to me. Perhaps they’ve looked at it now.

Correct, there is no need with real world equipment as the nearest whole frequency is usually good enough.

Hi Tamalien, I’m interested to this work-aroud but don’t know how to set “LEFT CTRL+ LEFT SHIFT + VK-PLUS” all together in the same setting field.Can you please explaint it ? Thanks

If you browse to the control options page shown in this post then you should be able to allocate whichever keyboard shortcut you wish to achieve this result.

The screenshot shown is one possible combination of three key presses that has been chosen but any key input can be chosen there, if that helps.

Well this is what i generally do when binding a key.But,like in this case ,if I click on the void field on the right of "INCREASE ADF1 (0.1) a sub-menu appears giving a variety of options to choose from.What is not clear to me is how you to set 3 buttons in the same field as shown in the above pic.

I would ignore the drop down options and just use you own key presses in the field that allows for key inputs- I don’t have MSFS open to check it out now, but I know it is possible to select whichever keypresses etc. we desire rather than from a list of predefined options.

Well ,after many trials I’ve found how to do this binding.Thanks for your advice.

1 Like