DECONSTRUCTED - The Great Barrier Reef Bush Trip (SPOILERS) - COMPLETE

I extracted the Flight Plan for the Great Barrier Reef Bush Trip so I could fly it using my choice of plane, time, and weather. I chose the Vertigo since she can do it all, high/low, fast transit speed and good range. For Weather, I appropriately chose Coastal Winds which gives nice clarity and just a touch of wave action.

Rather than a series of posts for each leg, I just took the whole trip in a few chunks. two to three at the most - unfortunately I’m short on time these days. I’ll just post a series of select images culled to show some of the more significant things I saw on the way.

SPOILER ALERT: If you haven’t taken the Bush Trip and want to do so on your own, I recommend not reading this thread any further past this post. You will see landmarks, checkpoints and tips that will likely make your own execution of the journey less fulfilling.

For the rest of the folks who don’t have the time or patience to sit through the 406 NM journey and want to see what’s in it, especially since World Update 8 greatly improved the region’s scenery, this thread is partly for you.

1 Like

Cairns to Townsville

2 Likes

Townsville to Hamilton Island

4 Likes