Decrease in FPS and GPU usage after 1.12.13.0 (i9-9900K/3080/32GB/NVME)

Same here, I made a discussion Performance drop on long flights

GPU is fine for the first couple of hours on a long haul flight, then it just suddenly drops from 80% to 30% and it does not recover unless the sim is restarted.

I posted back shortly after the patch that I had seen no perceivable difference. However, closer observation over the last month shows that I’m seeing this problem as well. .

When I start a session, I’m hitting my regular 35-40 fps. My CPU main thread is almost maxed out (CPU limited) and GPU (RTS2080) is 70-80% usage.

The longer I play, the lower my GPU usage gets and frame rates lower accordingly. After a couple of hours, my GPU will be down to about 30-40% usage and frame rates in the mid 20s.

It doesn’t matter if it’s on the same flight or a series of shorter flights. It’s like the effect is cumulative over time. After about 3-4 hours, my GPU will be down to 20-30% usage and my frame rate to below 20 fps and the sim is unplayable at that point. Only a restart of the sim will fix it.

I first thought it might be system / GPU temperatures, but it’s not. While MSFS makes my poor GPU run pretty hot, it typically settles in the 75-ish degree range and decreases as the GPU usage decreases, returning to near its idle temperatures. MSI Afterburner shows that it’s not throttling and there’s no weirdness happening at the hardware level.

I will go share this over on your bug thread as well.

1 Like

I have notice the same behavior, and i suspect there is a memory leak in the game.

I had a memory leak issue, seems to be fine since I installed ISLC. But besides that, the decreased gpu utilization still happens. I invite you to read my linked thread above.

People in this post are not mentioning if they are using mods or thrid party like Simtoolkit, Rex Weather or others. GPU and CPU are usually not the problem. I have seen stats on everyones for the smallest to largest new GPU 3000 series or 6700 with the same problems. Complex codes mean complex problems. Aboso will not open the SDK more so third party or others can build or help with code. They should have cope enough money now to lossen the reigns.

There is two options of 457.30, and one are Game Ready.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.