Decrypt marketplace scenery

Hi.
I would like to have the ability for 3rd part addon developers to use airport data. At least they should know the run/taxiways, gates etc. I know there is an issue for that. Otherwise buying marketplace content can become not reasonable, I wish it would be fixed

So 100% agree. Allow the Nav Data info for the addon airport to be readable, but by all means encrypt (or whatever) your 3D Modeling - that is the Developers IP. The airport Nav data is NOT - they did not create that themselves, they got it from a public source, and this have no right to encrypt it, and then sell it !!

A Copyright Law Suit, or at least a Take Down Notice, just waiting to happen

1 Like

Developers do not encrypt anything, the Marketplace does.
Most, if not all, developers’ products can be bought elsewhere, unencrypted.
Please choose your targets more carefully.

Please consider my targets more Broadly.

Not everything in life (or MSFS) revolves about the MS-Marketplace !!

1 Like

Apparently everything directly related to your assertion:
“The airport Nav data is NOT - they did not create that themselves, they got it from a public source, and this have no right to encrypt it, and then sell it !!
A Copyright Law Suit, or at least a Take Down Notice, just waiting to happen”
is indeed a narrow subject and directly related to your ignorance of the way that third party software is submitted to the Marketplace and what is then done to it before publication.

Agreed. 3rd party addons like GSX would benefit from having decrypted marketplace sceneries (at the very least content regarding taxiway layouts, parking spots, etc.).

It would be nice if external apps could read into that data by means of an API or otherwise have the data openly available. Benefits include:

• GSX: Can be compatible with marketplace sceneries
  • Aircraft: Can have BTV (Brake-to-Vacate) actually work as intended and support potentially dated installations
  • Aircraft: Can have something like SafeTaxi Garmin products, or OANS (On-board Airport Navigation System)

The benefits are endless, but having airport data hidden behind lock-and-key isn’t the way forward; it would just be inviting a slew of issues with incompatibility of 3rd party apps with Marketplace sceneries (and when that happens, people may be less inclined to buy Marketplace sceneries).

1 Like

Exactly. Bought GSX and was disappointed to find out that most of the gateways of the marketplace airports are not supported.
This is a pity, of course, because these are exactly the airports I fly to most often.

So I really hope that Asobo will decrypt marketplace sceneries to allow GSX to use its full potential, because I wont pay double for the same airport just to use GSX with it.

This is no longer true.

Since the October 17th update, GSX has been updated to support the new Navdata API that came with SU10, you only need to enable it in the GSX Config panel.

The feature is still considered in Beta, because the Navdata itself is not fully complete with everything we need for GSX ( jetway data is not complete ) and in fact, it would be useful if as many users as possible would cast their vote to this suggestion to improve the Navdata API:

However, other than some side-effect about jetway recognition, GSX now works just fine with Marketplace encrypted airports.

3 Likes

Thats fantastic news! Didnt know that.
Tried it out and it worked quite well

1 Like

Hi can I just ask how do exactly enable this new feature on the GSX config. it only has jetway enable/disable function for the 3rd party airports. do you mean this as “enabling” to read 3rd party. It would really useful if you could kindly give a step by step advice.
Also I dont know if having the GSX pro - which is installed in my C drive have difficulty with the marketplace airports which are installed in E drive. your help and clarification would be greatly appreciated

If you have the current GSX version ( any update released after Oct. 17th ), the Config Panel in the FSDT Installer should have an option called “SU10 Navdata” you can Enable.

If you don’t see the option, it’s because you must have an older version so, just run the FSDT Updater to get it.

1 Like

i have updated it - but no such luck. not sure if its having problem with updater

i even tried the offline update to resolve the node issue

Assuming you downloaded the Offline installer now, it’s literally impossible to not get the latest version of the updater/installer, which contains the SU10 Navdata option in the CONFIG button of the GSX Pro item.

Well, unless your antivirus is blocking the update, so you are stuck with the old version. In that case, anything is possible so, as clearly indicated everywhere:

• Configure the antivirus to add the WHOLE “Addon manager” folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

• Run the FSDT Live Update again, of the Offline installer. The Offline installer (being Offline), must be a freshly downloaded version. But always try the normal Live Update first.

And, be sure you don’t have a Firewall which might block the update.

Thanks Umberto, just for clarification:
the offline downloader is the same as the in this post on FSDT forum website (the first post with mediafire and googledrive) OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update Nov. 15th
once i have freshly downloaded the offline installer and re installed that, run the FSDT live update again
then it should work…

Hi guys!

I’m trying to update myself about this topic. I’ve already purchased a pair of airports from the marketplace that I can’t fully use primarily in LNM. Is there any news about this issue? Is there any workaround other than rebuying it from another service?
BR

Which two airports ?

SABE and SAWZ from Simulacion Extrema

Currently 3rd Party tools like GSX, FSHud or Pro ATC have no access to parking slot, taxiway and runway information of an Airport, which was purchased in the MSFS Marketplace. The reason for this is that the airports in the Marketplace are encrypted.

So, it would be great to remove this encryption of the Airport sceneries or to enable access to these informaton.

The trouble is that opens another door to the scammers and pirates that have plagued the FS community for decades. What I would suggest is that you buy products from other reputable online stores which don’t have encryption.
I completely accept that if a product can be bought unencrypted outside the marketplace there’s little or no point in it being encrypted in the marketplace. And also, thats little comfort to those on Xbox, although in many cases they can’t use these third party programs anyway.

2 Likes