Default a320neo fuel burn question

Anyone know why one engine always burns more fuel than the other?

That’s quite normal in real. Every engine has its own specific fuel burn. If it’s simulated with the stock Airbus? Seems so, but maybe you flown with manual thrust for a while and didn’t had the lever symmetric?

Happens all the time in flight, before taking off I check and see each tank has the same amount of fuel and when in the cruise one burns more than the other with auto throttle on and speed being managed by the autopilot. This is the default a320neo on Xbox.

Well in that case it seems to be simulated more or less precisly. Probably almost 100gal difference are a little much but well, could be. Didn’t flown the stock A320 and i never took care about that, when flown the FBW.

I just find it strange since when I fly the 787 it hardly ever burns fuel from one engine to the other like the a320 does.

Just to add here, that IRL the tanks burn quite symmetrically normally.

Is is always the left tank showing lower? Are you turning off your APU after engine start? That draws from the left inner tank at about 130l/hour.

1 Like

Yes i always turn off the apu after both engines have started, sometimes one will burn more than the other and other times both burn at around the same.

Nope i make sure to check that my throttles are both in the correct ident after takeoff.