Default C152 alternator not working (apparently)

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

Description of the issue: On default/advertising C152, the alternator does not appear to be working. I was able to fly for a while but I have engine damage and aircraft stress turned off (not sure if that matters)

FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

How often does this occur for you (Example: Just once, every time on sim load, intermittently)?

always

REPRODUCTION STEPS

Please list clear steps you took in order to help our test team reproduce the same issue:

  1. start up the default C152 as normal and note the alternator red light on and lack of charging.

YOUR SETTINGS

If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.

What peripherals are you using:

[PC Only] Are you using Developer Mode or have you made any changes to it?

[PC Only] What GPU (Graphics Card) do you use?

[PC Only] What other relevant PC specs can you share?

MEDIA

Please add a screenshot or video of the issue occurring.

Can confirm. With the battery and alternator switch turned on and RPM ~1,000 I see the Low Voltage light illuminated and a discharge is shown on the ammeter.

I’ve tried this just now, and its inconsistent. On first start-up it was working fine. Red light was out, ad the ammeter was showing a very slight charge.

I disconnected the battery, and there was no change. I reconnected the battery, and this time the red light came on, and there was a discharge. I toggled the alternator, and the red light was extinguished, and it was charging again.

Some faulty logic there somewhere.