Defining Stuttering

To me the term stutter includes a multiple second freeze for no apparent reason that finally comes back to life rather than ending in CTD.

This comment is not negative to the intent of the OP.

But, I looked at “You tube” video from a flyer that wanted to show the stuttering that he was getting.

I could not see any.

Maybe, if he had to pick a stutter number,
I would know what to look for.

Micro stutter is honestly something I’ve just learned to live with since FSX.
It still doesn’t completely ruin a sim experience.
It only bothers me at low terrain flying past 3d objects.
It’s only an issue with VR for me now and it seems with every patch/update I get less and less.

I also see a “micro stutter” that could probably also be described as “flicker”

It’s relatively new to me in the sim but would be best described as IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Frame rate might report 30fps or fluctuating around that figure but something looks off with the image, a certain jerkiness to the image almost as if the 30fps is incorrect and the actual frame rate is less than 24 (possibly closer to 12)

1 Like

You seeing this in 2D?

I get stutter 6 when approaching big airports, and sometimes midflight it freezes for 1 or 2 minutes, but then it comes back and everything is smooth.

1 Like

Yes. Seeing this in 2D

That happened to me 200 feet from touchdown on an approach, I…WAS…■■■■■■!

1 Like

Never used a single mod.

Yeah, I have had a couple controllers get annoyed because I overshoot the ILS lol MAN, I am FROZEN HERE!
I try to roleplay out of it when it happens hahaha fortunately it is a rare occurrence (I recommend staying away from Charles de Gaulle, that airport breaks the fps of any system)

1 Like

The thing happening to me a couple days ago, caused by the liveries bug is best described as

Long freeze (5sec or more) - movement (.5s) - long freeze - movement - long freeze

Yup good ole LFPG…its a problematic area for performance.
I swear the darn pauses couldn’t happen at a more critical time.
All that time in flight just to have your landing complete screwed.
I turned the sim off immediately and simply walked away before I destroyed my whole PC :rofl::sob:

2 Likes

I still have this after the hotfix. I’ve identified that it is an addon or livery that some players have. I have video evidence of this on my phone. At heathrow there was a single player who’s name plate was blinking yet no model was drawn, every 1 sec the nameplate blinked my game would freeze for a split second. None of the other 5 or so players in the area had a blinking nameplate.

So I set course and flew away from the blinking player, as soon as I was out of draw distance of the player HOWEVER still close enough to see the nameplate, the nameplate stopped blinking and the stutters stopped. I then reversed course and flew back toward the player and once I was in a certain range the nameplate started blinking again and the stutters returned. I flew up to the player who was at a terminal and no model was drawn - the cloaking device airplane even though I was switched to “use generic models for multiplayer.”

So there is some kind of aircraft, livery, or conbination of the two or maybe they had some kind of crash and left the game but the servers didn’t time them out properly, or gawd only knows, but the stutter is caused by something in the game or the game not being able to draw some kind of model for a new livery/aircraft.

1 Like

Same issue around KATL.KATL is worse than LFPG.Literally eats up so much VRAM because of the trees.Only way to probably illuminate stutters in the meantime is probably getting a 3090.

I am getting the same thing. The sounds still run but video freezes for maybe 30 plus seconds then it resumes.

1 Like

#4 and #7 here. Still very happy with the sim nonetheless. Thanks for trying to objectify this matter!

I get number 7 most of the time when the live weather gets an adjustment. You are flying along without any problem and all of a sudden boom, game frozen for a couple of seconds because of a weather update.

This might be a part of it, though I can’t concretely say that they happen exactly when weather updates happen. Though, I’d say this stutter seems to happen a lot more in the air than on the ground. It’s never happened while on the ground, taking off, or on approach.

I can always see it because of stuff like a jumping cloud layer.

This is stuttering :slight_smile:

after a while

Then after I depart from the airport and get high in the air