Deice/Anti Ice ground service

Just reposting a request for a Deice/ant-ice service to prevent ice buildup. In the best case, there could be a deice pad at all (major) airports where the plane would have to be to initiate deicing and there would be trucks with animations with the procedure taking about a minute.

Even something quick like the ground services at the gates would be acceptable. Something that gives us a window of time to prevent dangerous ice buildup when flying near or in bad weather.

Thanks in advance.

Definitelly giving Voteā€¦

3 Likes

Haha, I dread having to de-ice in real life, Iā€™d hate to have to do it in MSFS too. Thinking of departing JFK? I hope you have a couple spare hours up your sleeveā€¦

In all seriousness, whilst not high on the priority list, itā€™d be a a cool addition, though maybe better left to the 3rd party devs like GSX.

1 Like

De/anti-icing only prevents icing on ground. Not in flight.

3 Likes

it will be cool for visual + feeling. +1 from me :smiley:

Aye , this would be awesome . Here have an upboat

Fair point. I wrote ā€˜flyingā€™ but meant ā€˜departing from an airportā€™ :+1:t2:

This would be so easy to implement initially. However, it would be cool if Asobo could dig a bit in research and see where some major airports do their de-icing ops. Example: ORD does it normally at the gate. (Easy) YYZ does it on a fixed de-ice ramp area (a bit more work).

Opinion:
For bare bones implementation, I would take the value of the wingspan of the aircraft and formulate that into how long the de-ice op takes. Also accounting for if the airport has one or more trucks to do the job. Once complete, a standard timer to apply holdover time. Once it expires, the ice model starts to function again.

I think this feature is a must. If we want to encourage safe practices in flight sim there should be some way to implement this. Heck, some clever developer could make a buck on it if they could figure out how to make an add on that would let people drive and operate the equipment as almost like a ā€œwatchā€ modeā€¦

1 Like

With the snow update and a pretty good looking icing model we still lack the de-icing trucks. They are very important during the winter conditions in every major airport, and I believe they should be included.

Yes, this would be a very cool feature to add, with the realistic weather and snow :+1:

Is there a way to have an anti ice spray that works like the fuel box trigger to get the full experience of Northern winter flying and choose what Type foam you want sprayed?

This would be awesome! Upvoted. I was going to make a thread but found this one instead.

Airframe icing can have a major impact on performance and is currently simulated (which is great!). The major issue I have is that there is currently no way to de-ice / anti-ice on ground!

Is there any way to either add de/anti-icing trucks within ground services or at least an option to press to simply ā€œclear icingā€ until that is fully implemented?

Sitting in Toronto under snowy condition, I find the wing and stabilizer of my CRJ full of snow and ice with no way to remove it (and no, wing anti-ice and engine anti-ice are not designed for this, they protect the wing leading edge at best)

4 Likes

Please add a way for us to deice aircraft prior to take off. Currently, ice just accumulates and if I turn on icing airframe effects Iā€™ll just not be able to take off.

1 Like

Have just added vote. No method of deicing that I know of at EGLL this morning. Seems crazy having to turn effect off to take off. And I donā€™t have GSX.

Deicing at deicing pad would really a great feature to comply with real world procedures.

Needed at CYUL lol!

1 Like