Delay/lag between controller inputs and simulator response

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

Brief description of the issue:

Since joining the beta last week, I am experiencing delay, lag and occasional non recognition of a controller keystroke by the sim. First button press may not be recognized at all. Commands may require a second button press to “wake up the sim” before a command is recognized. Commands that persist over time, for example panning view, sometimes overshoot button release. Overall, every controller button or function appears to be experiencing delay or lag between press/release and response from the sim. For example, raising or lowering the landing gear from a properly bound switch may not result in the desired effect, requiring a second action which puts the switch and condition in sim out of agreement. Or toggling any function assigned to a switch does not produce the desired behavior in the sim immediately, or at all.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

This is happening to some extent on all single player flights in the beta regardless of aircraft model, Asobo or add on aircraft or airport; with all traffic settings off, and live weather either on or off; starting with a cold boot of the box. This behavior is even present when on the ground with the aircraft stationary. And it happens at default airports as well as add on airports.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

XBOX Series X 2TB, controller, keyboard, mouse, TB V1F with rudder pedal, TM Boeing TCA yoke and quadrant. Controllers are set-up with complimentary profiles such that key assignments are not duplicated to avoid user caused control conflicts. XBOX is hard wired via Ethernet to router and the home has a very high speed internet connection so that is not a factor.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Using HOTAS one, Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

A bit of lag in the input from action to response on the more complex aircraft. XBox series x

I am having issues with the Xbox Controller on PC. Since sim update 15 beta 2 i am experiencing Lags and also, in the control settings under primary flight control, the elevators Axis are no longer reversed and ticking off the reverse axis won’t do anything. Please fix it.

I’m having a major delay when using a joystick on the latest build. I’ve tried multiple joysticks and they are all the same. anyone figure out a fix or why to get this working. until i have a quicker response you just can’t fly anything

Folks, this is now resolved for me a month into the beta/after I reported this issue. With all the performance & stability tuning to date, this is no longer an issue for a while now. Therefore I am marking for solution.

1 Like

can you list what you did for performance & stability tuning. I still cannot get the aircraft to respond propely

No not by me, Asobo over the course of multiple beta version releases. To be clear, the issue I posted is no longer an issue for me. It may be for others however, but I am no longer experiencing this from weeks ago.

Hi @rocketfire302, if you are still having this issue with the latest Beta build please submit a new bug report for the issue with as much information as you can :slight_smile:

Cheers