Dev Mode breaking VR

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

If you are in VR while Dev mode is enabled there is an option to update the SDK if available. If you click it while in VR there is a pop up to do so which breaks them game because you every single button gets disabled. The only thing you can do is ALT F4 out of the game. You also cannot exit VR. Pause Menu to disable Dev Mode is also unavailable. It should not even be possible to click the dev mode toolbar while in VR, since you cannot do anything with it.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

forgot to make one but can be reproduced 100%

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start any flight, enable VR, click on Update notification in the top right corner while in VR.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I’m on current BETA, but issue is as old as VR in MSFS.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

When im in VR sometimes all out of the sudden a “SDK Update” Windows appears, it makes any input impossible. You cant click to close that window, you cant close it via any Key (tried ESC; Enter).

Game keeps running, you cant leave VR mode. The only chance to get rid of it is by closing the sim via task manager and your flight is gone.

I dont know how i trigger this SDK update window. Since i never have it in 2D. Using DEV Version enabled to show me the fps. Maybe i click on it on the top bar accidently.

Anyone experienced that?

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

ONLY ALT+F4 works

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same here.