Developer mode doesn't save my disable crashes preference

If I use dev mode and turn off disable crashes then save, it’s back on again next time I load the sim or go back into dev mode. What’s the deal? Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the save settings option?

msfs-dev-crashes

msfs-dev-save

Or maybe the purpose of the dev mode? You want to dev(elop) something, you probably just want to test something, turn it off (for now). Next time it‘s back to standard. Of course I don‘t know if that‘s Asobo‘s intention but as long as you are in developer mode you can‘t expect it to work like a normal user mode.

1 Like

I’m a computer programmer. You don’t have to speak to me as if I don’t understand what developer mode is for. I just thought the save settings menu was for saving developer mode settings. I guess I was wrong.

I‘m a supervisor, I always assume people have no idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I found the setting in DevMode.xml maybe I can just change it there instead of the UI

<Preferences>
	<Options>
		<Option name="Simulation" value="0"/>
		<Option name="Playback" value="0"/>
		<Option name="Disable Crashes" value="0"/>

Though we typically think of the value 0 as meaning off. So technically it’s already disabled in the xml file. Possible bug.

It could be that when in developer mode it doesn’t save, but there is an issue with a lot of settings not saving being mentioned lately…

1 Like

I believe that one disables only while in developer mode to save crashes from ending a development session, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it doesn’t save.

There is one in General Options, Flight Model, called Crash Realism that seems to do the same thing.
I have it turned off.

1 Like

Thanks. I wanted to have crash realism ON by default in each mode.

While the sim is starting up, it overwrites a value of 1 to the DevMode.xml here:

<Option name="Disable Crashes" value="1"/>

When I exit the sim it goes back to 0.

<Option name="Disable Crashes" value="0"/>

That’s odd. I wonder if any of the settings are persistent at all.

Edit - Found a persistent one – Autohide.

<Setting name="DevMode_Bar_Auto_Hide" type="bool" value="1"/>

So I guess maybe it’s intended behavior like you guys said. Thanks for the replies.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.