Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

Found a solution. As mentioned by someone else above, bind the throttle controller to “throttle 1 axis”. You have to delete the old binding “throttle axis”, too.

1 Like

Tge same problem after the MSFS Update

1 Like

I have two Saitek Throttle quadrants, so mine have been mapped individually, (throttle 1 mapped, etc), and I have had no issues. My brother only has one, and he needed to reassign his…. So yes make sure your throttle is mapped to throttle1. This is also the case for the F35…

Happening here too, any TF104G livery and only in the very last few days…very strange indeed.

I tested with few more TF104G liveries and it happens on any of them.

An it happens exactly like you say.

Very strange indeed becouse at many others with the 104 (the major part I guess) it’s not happening at all…

I think it is something to do with the MSFS update we had a few days ago. I was running the beta before that, which is probably why I saw it earlier.

hello,
we have no pending mail on help-desk, we do not ignore users mails requesting support.
Sometime happens is difficult help them since can’t replicate the issue, in sch cases we try to help anyhow.
It happens that some users do no realize it’s hard to solve, even investigate, an issue that we can’t replicate, moreover they act as their issue is widely shared among all users, which is not, most of cases are local problems, ie: due to unknown add-on that populate Community, it happened several times.
They should take in mind that we have thousands of installations, it’s unlikely that an issue reported by few user is a model problem instead a local problem.
A good example is the smoke randomly generating from the left main gear, it was reported by 2 or 3 users and we can’t replicate, nor we have such smoke implemented in our code. We continue to investigate but is unlikely we find something, especially if the issue is born after a sim update
What we really dislike is to be charged of ignoring user, we receive several support request a day and we answer to all despite the fact we are more than convinced we are supporting also who has got the model from piracy.
if we continue to be unjustly accused we will leave this forum

2 Likes

Can you confirm that the help desk email address is help-desk@simskunkworks.it ? I sent an email to that address on the 26th of December, to ask about the smoke problem and received no response.

i did answered to that mail to:

• m.g…@cytanet.com.cy
  • luc…s@telenet.be
    no other smoke issue has been reported so far.
    BTW
    just to reiterate what is written in the post above; an user that had same issue reported that issue disappeared as he took away some add-on from Community, he is investigating which add.on causes the problem.
    we will keep you informed.
1 Like

The problem exists since version 3.0. Here are some screenshots

1 Like

Hi,
I just finished to make some tests removing the Community folder I “suspected” to be the cause taking as reference the period I remember to have started to have the strange left main wheel smoke and trying to identify the mods I added to Community during the same time windows.

Now - in my specific case - left wheel smoke disappeared (yes, strangely!) just keeping out from Community folder the L-1049 Super Constellation aircraft.

Now, I’m not keen about FS2020 mods or SDK, but - again - in my personal case the smoke problem has disappeared just removing that “Super Connie” mod.

No probs keeping the other many folders (airports, liveries and aircraft) I have in my Community folder.

Hope this may help someone else :wink:

And above all, enjoy the Starfighter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, I also have the Connie, will try and report.

1 Like

First of all I did NOT accuse SSW of ignoring me and I ever went as far as to mention a holiday. I merely confirmed that I too was waiting for a reply. That being said I sent an email to the help desk on 12/21 which was quite lengthy trying to resolve an issue I’ve been having, and I spent a significant amount of my own time trying to resolve the issue and provide as much information as possible. That email was never responded to, and I have been waiting patiently for an update considering it was the holidays. The fact of the matter is my issue (loss of tip flutter since version 2) is still present, even when running it on a fresh install of the sim with zero addons except the 104. I had posed several questions in my last email to try and eliminate possible issues and those questions thus far have been unanswered. Also, I’m not sure why you’re choosing to mention piracy in a reply to me where I have been a long time customer of yours, for at least 6 years. I think maybe you need to take a step back and relax. Glad to know you’ll help those folks too I guess, the fact of the matter is I still have an issue.

Edit- actually I sent an email on 12/20 in addition to 12/21 which also has thus far been unanswered.

Well, I guess my email got lost in cyber-space then. It is in my gmail “sent” folder from the 26th. No worries. It seems like the cause has been identified… I also have the Super Connie. Kind of strange how one 3rd party aircraft can affect another like that.

Hello,
in my help-desk folder i have only one fluttering issue [MODERATOR EDIT - REMOVED PERSONAL INFORMATION]
We answered stating that the SU 7 broke for some reason fluttering with fuel on tips tanks, it works with tip tanks empty and is already fixed here.
The issue will be solved on a next release considering that seems to be not so crucial for most users, touchy apart.
/SSW
BTW:
it’s you that wrote:
“Oh ok so I’m not being exclusively ignored by them then…” ?

1 Like

I took the ‘exclusively ignored’ comment as being a light hearted response to my post…. Humor doesn’t always translate well in written form.

I indeed did not get that email but I’m glad to see the issue has been resolved. As for my quote perhaps it wasn’t worded that great but it was not an accusation that the help desk was ignoring me, but rather a confirmation that someone else was waiting on a response. At any rate I enjoy your products and hope this settles things.

No quarrel, matter is closed here
cheers
/Mario

2 Likes

Since latest MSFS update i get random CTD when using the F-104…

That’s odd, I generally fly it a couple times a day and haven’t experienced a CTD. You should try emptying out your community folder and running the sim with just the 104 and see if you can reproduce the CTD.