Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

Hello PaternalSmile51. In regards to your post on Index/number of views changing. You mention incorrect view of man in back when on copilot view. Just wondering if you could explain further. I have a fresh install of the public release 40th anniversary edition running direct x 11 and only the FRF and TRF in the community folder on separate drive. My problem has cropped up again when entering the copilot position via the drop down menu. No matter what I only see the pilot helmet animation for a fraction of a second and it disappears. Clicking the copilot in the dropdown will make the animation show every time I click, then it instantly disappears. Is this the problem you are talking about in copilot view? I always play the sim in HDR 3840x2160. I have followed all the tips on not zooming and using the dropdown menu but still can’t see the pilot helmet. I also did not install any marketplace addons I purchased. The versions of the FRF and TRF are from sim market.
Just wishing this could be fixed. Still my favorites! Thank you sim skunk works

TF - 104 G version 3.3.0 and FRF 104 G version 1.3.2 HOT FIXES
Hello,
the issue concerned both TF 104 G seats, pilots should appear/disappear pending on your position:

• pilot view should see the man in back animated and front seat void
  • copilot view should see viceversa.
    This did not happened on last update, specifically:
  • pilot view did not see man in back, front was void
  • copilot view did not see man in front and see itself (wrong)
    Now hot fix solves both issues in TF 104 G
  • Other issue concerned the landing/taxi light switches locked when the gear is up, this prevented to manually set landing/taxi lights off after take off.
    Hot fix solve the issue, landing/taxi lights go off when airborne and gear is moved up.

TF-104 G HOT FIX DOWNLOAD LINK:

OVERWRITE IN:
simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\panel

FRF-104 G HOT FIX DOWNLOAD LINK
Dropbox - ssw-frf-104g.wasm - Simplify your life
OVERWRITE IN:
simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\panel

SSW will publish a new updated TF-FRF versions within a month.

4 Likes

Just a heads up. I purchased the FRF-104 from Simmarket yesterday (version 1.3.1) and that cloud thing is still happening (on SU11).

From the manifest.json:
“package_version”: “1.3.1”,

You’ve no doubt heard it before but it’s my opinion you don’t hear it enough. THANK YOU! I was trying to word a comment to ask if you could do something about the pilot/copilot situation and saw your last post had a solution. I’m flying version 3.1.2, I prefer it to the current latest one for well
reasons. So, if anybody’s interested, for me; the fix works on 3.1.2.

Thanks so much for the WASM files. My pilots helmet is displaying now from copilot view. I was reading a post concerning the kneeboard when I discovered this when looking down in the cockpit of both aircraft. My kneeboard shows with Cntrl+Shift +J or clicking on the left console and the kneeboard functions properly. I never realized that the kneeboard is supposed to stow near your right foot. I have checked both aircraft and the stowed kneeboard does not show. I also discovered that the actual seats are not showing in the TRF front and back when looking down. The seat does show in the FRF. I rarely look down at that angle when flying so it is not a major problem. I will attach screen shots with description.

By the way Thanks for responding so quickly with the WASM files. I am also so excited on hearing of development of a T-33. Instant purchase for me.
Much respect for anyone who had the privilege of flying the F-104 Mario, and so grateful for all you do for the community. These F-104s are amazing!

Hello,
seats disappear when you are using a non-stock livery.
rationale from simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g/Docs/frf104g_hints.pdf :

To be able to effectively differentiate between the various airframes: Consortium, Map, fighter bomber, interceptor, recce, type of seat: C2 or Q7 and the various nationalities we use a kind of barcode that uniquely identifies each individual feature.
Barcodes are stored in two places:

• one using the ATC ID parameter in the aircraft.cfg file (aka TAIL NUMBER in sim CUSTOMIZATION)
  • the other in the \simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\Data\config\barcodes.ini file
    In this way it is ensured the correct reading of the barcode even if the user wants to customize his TAIL NUMBER
    Above is transparent to the user unless he wants add some liveries to his model, in this case he should know the format of barcodes.

To have correct view of seat, please refer to:
simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g/Docs/frf104g_hints.pdf
at page 16.
cheers
/SSW

1 Like

MS STORE head up
MS informed us that the FRF & TF-104G updates have been released and are now available for download.
/SSW

3 Likes

Just updated from the marketplace and while the AB fix is in, I now have the white cloud bug on the FRF-104G, which I hadn’t seen on any previous version.

1 Like

Yes, the AB is now fixed which is great!

However and unfortunately there are still a considerable number of bugs such as:

• Not being able to track TACAN stations (even some VORTAC station don’t seem to be trackable)
  • Some radio frequency are tuned by setting the rotary buttons a bit off of what they should. For example in order to tune for the 121.900 frequency the rotary buttons need to be set in what would be the 121.950 frequency.
  • Similar to the situation above, setting some IFF/Squawk codes is different from what is shown in the rotary buttons - for example by looking at the tune/rotary buttons you’ll read one frequency but the actual frequency is actually different which can be seen by hovering the mouse pointer over the IFF/Squawk rotary button.

This a petty because these instruments (Radio, IFF/Squawk, TACAN) of the FRF-104G are really different from everything else we have in FS2020 with all other aircraft and it would be cool if these fully worked correctly.

2 Likes

Same here, confirm using the updated wasm files above, the white cloud issue is still present

Same here. No white cloud on the TF version, but a white cloud on the FRF version after engine start. Also the FRF version has some animation and texture issues with the nose gear (rods not linked to anything and poking through the gear door, pink/missing textures).

one question if I repurchase f104G from SimMarket etc
 will it work??

Thanks for the reference on the seat visibility I noticed. I will read thru the tips on the barcode information. I think my open kneeboard apparently displays in the incorrect position and I still never see it stowed. I usually am using other than stock liveries. My kneeboard is working as it should other than where it appears when open. There are quite a number of models and seat configurations showing the complexity of these excellent aircraft. For anyone seeing the fog enveloping and following the FRF version there is a fix for this and you will have to look back at earlier posts. I only have one question at this time. Is the sim market version supposed to be version 1.3.2 ? . I usually get notified right away of new versions but my product is still 1.3.1 for the FRF and 3.3.0 for the TF. I did update both WASM files and both aircraft are working fine. Thank you for all your help

1 Like

Could you please be a bit more specific about which section that is? The XML files are pretty long and the suspected effects sections looks the same to me.

Hello,
sorry but i can’t replicate the white cloud here.
I think it’s just the FRF-104 G, right?
I found in the file ssw_FRF_104.xml an extra unused code, could be that.
Try to download from here:

and set overwriting into folder:
.\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\model.common
Apologize for inconvenience.
BTW:
a new version of both TF-FRF 104 G is on the way

3 Likes

Sorry if you are saying it was my post not being specific. I did not think we could show the specific entry in the ssw_FRF104.xml code so I only referred to looking back at earlier posts. Unfortunately when I modified the .xml , I didn’t keep the original once the fog/smoke disappeared for me. Sorry again and I see PaternalSmile51 has sent a link to an .xml to try. I hope you get the fog to clear, the developers certainly know the code and these aircraft better than me. I am relatively untrained in solving most of the issues people have raised but have managed to get both of my aircraft working with the developers help and the community. Thanks for letting us know that new versions are on the way.

This new file fixed the issue for me. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, just the FRF, the TF version is fine out of the box. That file fixed it, thank you!

sono frustrato il 310 non funziona F104 funziona un vola su dieci,posso capire che il problema Ăš sul file originale ho fatto due aggiornamenti tutto come prima,perĂČ ragazzi il prodotto Ăš vostro non potete dirmi di aprire un tiket,dovreste essere voi con microsoft capire cosa c’ù che non va,sono anche disposto a ricomprarmi l’areo naturalmente marketplace non mi vedrĂ  piĂč

Corretto con https://www.corrector.co/it/

sono frustrato il 310 non funziona F104 funziona un vola su dieci,posso capire che il problema Ăš sul file originale ho fatto due aggiornamenti tutto come prima,perĂČ ragazzi il prodotto Ăš vostro non potete dirmi di aprire un tiket,dovreste essere voi con microsoft capire cosa c’ù che non va,sono anche disposto a ricomprarmi l’areo naturalmente marketplace non mi vedrĂ  piĂč

Espero que ninguĂ©m me leve a mal, mas acho que deverias escrever o teu post em InglĂȘs!
Quer gostes, quer nĂŁo gostes, o InglĂȘs Ă© a “lingua franca” na Internet, principalmente num forum como este.
Se todos nĂłs começarmos a escrever os nossos posts nas nossa lĂ­nguas nativas, uns em Italiano, uns em PortuguĂȘs, outros em Espanhol, outros em FrancĂȘs, outros em AlemĂŁo, outros em ChinĂȘs, etc
 isto torna-se uma enorme confusĂŁo!
E apesar de haver tradutores, estes por vezes nĂŁo ajudam muito, como por exemplo Ă© o caso do teu post traduzido para InglĂȘs - pouco ou quase nada se entende!