Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

Hello,
I have not forgotten the problem of the TACAN, indeed I had almost found a simple and clean solution to get both the TACAN and the VOR/DME working but I had not reckoned with the SU12 that as usual has thrown up my plans.
The SU12, as usual, took a step forward and two back, not only has a big code break on the electrical and other systems, but also has several problems with WASM:

• the debugger no longer works
  • the packagetool kicks the sim to CTD
    and other problems already reported on developers forum still unanswered.
    If you have the SU12, the TACAN on the 104 will no longer work for any station.
    In addition, as always happens the documentation of the SDK is behind the updates, it is evident that in Asobo the right hand does not know what the left does and backward compatibility is little considered.
    So be patient, we will try to solve as soon as possible
    /SSW
9 Likes

Thanks for the info and feedback :+1:

Thanks for the update, and good luck! Your work is appreciated, and I know the sim engine changes don’t make that any easier…

Hello,
thanks for answers, with new hotfix (build 1.31.19.0) the package builder is back so i can make packages at least.
/SSW

2 Likes

I really enjoy flying both 104’s. They are as of now in my top 3 fav planes in the sim. I was wondering if you have plans for a couple of sidewinders. Its mostly a visual thing of mine. I’d love to have some missiles just for show.

4 Likes

Hello,
not in our plans for now, sorry.
sincerely
/SSW

1 Like

FRF-104 G NEW VERSION 1.3.5 RELEASE
New version will be available soon at

• SimMarket
  • ORBX
  • Aerosoft
  • JustFlight
  • Ingested to MS MarketPlace waiting for validation

WHAT’S NEW:
Implemented both native TACAN and fictional using VOR’s frequencies.
When using VOR’s frequencies use table tacan-vor-pairs.bmp at:
.\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\panel
to match VOR’s frequencies with TACAN channels
To switch between native and fictional mode use “Fixed Frequency” reset button on right up console.
Native mode is set by default.

fixedfreq

12 Likes

Thank you for adding this functionality!

1 Like

Some hints about implementation of both native and fictional TACAN.
You may want set the default mode that is loaded with the plane.
Edit:
.\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\Data\config\config.ini
it looks like:

[EASTER_EGGS] {
	GUNSIGHT_ENABLED = false;
	HUD_ENABLED = false;
	GSE_ENABLED = false;
	TACAN_NATIVE = true;
}

as you see it’s loaded as

TACAN_NATIVE = true;

you may want change it to

TACAN_NATIVE = false;

to have TACAN permanently using VOR frequencies instead native TACAN channels ( however the FIXED FREQ button remains operative to toggle native/fictional ).
When using TACAN on fictional mode you will have bearing and DME pending of type of VOR
(ie: VOR/DME, VOR, VOR/TAC)
To convert VOR frequencies on fictional TACAN channel use the map in:
.\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-frf104g\panel\tacan-vor-pairs.bmp
Note: Native TACAN won’t work on fictional TACAN and viceversa.
/SSW
BTW
I have tested:

• Rimini Miramare (LIPR) RIM VOR ch 109X (fictional)
  • Ancona ANC VOR-DME ch 43Y (fictional)
  • Falconara (LIPY) TACAN FAT ch 43X (native)
  • Falconara (LIPY) TACAN FAL ch 35X (native)
  • Cervia LIPC TACAN CEV ch 83X (native)
  • At Portland (KPDX) TACAN CBU ch 29X (native)
  • At Cold Lake (CYOD) ch 82X (native)

tacan-vor-pairs

6 Likes

This update will give me a good reason to take this beautiful plane out for another spin to play with the new features! Thank you for your continued support of this great add-on!

1 Like

Thanks for continuing to update this aircraft.

Any plans of bringing your Harrier to MSFS?

2 Likes

Hello,
Harrier is not in our short-term plans, but in our thoughts, perhaps in the future.
/SSW

2 Likes

Got a chance to try out the TACAN receiver; it’s working great, thanks! Was able to easily navigate back to Portland via the CBU beacon on 29X after taking a joyride out of town. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

TF-104 G NEW VERSION 3.3.3 RELEASE
New version will be available soon at

• SimMarket
  • ORBX
  • Aerosoft
  • JustFlight
  • Ingested to MS MarketPlace waiting for validation

WHAT’S NEW:
Implemented both native TACAN and fictional using VOR’s frequencies.
When using VOR’s frequencies use table tacan-vor-pairs.bmp at:
.\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\panel
to match VOR’s frequencies with TACAN channels
To switch between native and fictional mode use “Fixed Frequency” reset button on right up console.
Native mode is set by default.
BTW
The considerations and tips that apply to the FRF-104 G (see above) also apply to the TF-104G

fixedfreq

7 Likes

Hmmm not shure what went wrong. i updated today my version to 3.3.3 only i got some strange behavior inside the cockpit.I could not use the kneeboard again.impossible to start by clicking the left site , and several buttons did not work anymore as usual.
Any ideas…

Hello,
apologize, is my bad, i have distributed the package with the wasm module in debug mode, obviously nothing works on the cockpit :blush:
here the corrected module:

download and overwrite in:
\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\SimObjects\Airplanes\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\panel
please let me know if it fixes the problem.
Soon a new version will be out.
Apologize for the inconvenience.
/SSW

1 Like

Theres no WebSimMSFS.icon file in the 3.3.1 load… is that normal?

hello,
yes it is. No exe module allowed on distro by MS.
It must be downloaded from:

and set into:
.\simskunkworks-aircraft-tf104g\html_ui\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\NavSystems\SSW
/SSW

2 Likes

Thank you for your help.I already put my older version back.And will wait until the new version is completed.I,am an older guy , so much of the technical stuff needs some time to sink in my cluttered brain.Grin!!.However its s great you try,d to help me out.i will use your file tomorrow and let you know how it went ok

6 Likes

The .exe isn’t included in the TF-104 download from Just Flight but it is in the F-104 downloaded from Orbx. Is that an oversight or some Just Flight thing? Although weirdly enough it used to be included as I definitely remember it being in the original release downloads on JF back in the day!