Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

What can I get sending an email in this case? You already know about the bug. And yes it is a bug because all the planes start fine but the G91 so once again you are doing something wrong.
The workarounds are not acceptable we can’t start the plane by going to the menu and back and then the engines shut down in mid flight so it is not working at all.
I’ll say this one more time, really like your work and I will still buy the next plane you release but your way to handle bugs and support is really very bad compared to other devs.

Hello,
we answer also if is not the right place (FIAT G-91 not F-104) as we have already said the bug is inexplicable and we could not understand why, all parameters are in place and yet it does not start.
The work-around is also inexplicable:

• make the start-up procedure normally
  • the engine will hang-up
  • press ESC and then RESUME
  • the engine will start
    even if we suspect a conflict with some new add-on during sim updates, honestly we could not solve the problem and we are still working on it.
    Even if you pretend we are not magicians.
3 Likes

Have you asked Asobo about this? I’m sure they will be able to help you diagnose and fix the bug given you are a dev that has products in the marketplace and one of your products is not working.

From what I could research there was an old bug in MSFS that resets some axis to 50% when exiting to the menu and back. Since in your case this makes the engine run I wonder if you have a problem with the mixture axis being incorrectly set in the plane, then maybe when you ESC and come back the axis is reset at 50% and the engine works. Can you try to check the values of the mixture axis and things related to mixture before and after doing the workaround?

We have a zillion users in this forum that are very technically capable, you can also try to ask in a thread and I’m 99% sure they will help you get this fixed in less than 30 minutes.

Hello,
yes, posted a question to dev support, no answer yet.
All sim params are ok, mixture axis included.
We will continue to investigate.
/SSW

1 Like

(About the G91)
Ok, what about not being able to add fuel from the tablet? Is that one also a difficult bug to solve?

has been solved

1 Like

Thank you!

Can someone tell me the inside width of the cockpit, say at the pilots shoulders (or where ever, if it’s what you’ve got)? I want to see if my world scale is correct in VR for the F104 as it feels a bit tight in there. :laughing: FWIW, I measure about 24.5 in. (62cm) between the inside edges of the cockpit in VR.

Something has happened to both my F104G and TF104G add-ons. I’m not sure that I’ve used them before today since the 1-33-8-0 update was released, but I think this is the first time. In any case, I am getting extreme CPU usage resulting in a severe loss of frame rates. It doesn’t happen immediately, but maybe 2 minutes or so after loading (whether or not it’s sitting cold and ready for takeoff), my CPU just starts to red-line. Also, the tailhook is extended??? and in the case of the TF, if I switch to external view, then back to cockpit, the pilot figure is present and I can’t seem to get rid of it. Most strange! I’ve never had these problems before. Anyone?

How do i contact SSW help desk?

help-desk@simskunkworks.it

1 Like

Well that was a waste of time. Their advice, make sure you’re up-to-date. Thanks! Doh! It was the update that sank me fellas.

I’m confused, are you still having issues? I fired up the TF and didn’t see any of the issues you mentioned.

Why does the 104 have such a low rating in the marketplace? I suppose most of these ratings are from people who can’t fly her or maybe gamers?

Yep. I’ve tried a number of things but it appears something in the 1.33.8.0 MSFS update (premium deluxe) borked both my F & TF104s. They are unusable now and SSW has not been able to help me. Pity. I’ve flown these for years since FSX and it’s still my favorite aircraft. It could be the end of an era for me.

I have the same version as you with no problems.

Doubtful it’s an issue with the sim update as I just flew both versions yesterday without any problems. I too have the premium deluxe version.

I hear you. The problem begain coincident with the update AFAIK. But no one so far is seeing it, so the likelihood of resolution is low. Sucks being me i guess.

It is a very nice aircraft, the model, engines and sounds are a work of art and love.
But the dev is really really bad at updates and fixes. The plane has been plagued by bugs since its release and the update / fixes are always late and sometimes full of strange excuses. Sometimes the answers are unacceptable.
The Afterburner issue with this plane, for example, was quite terrible in the way it was handled.
One of the strangest things I’ve seen with this dev is that very annoying blocker bugs are discovered by the users and not the devs themselves, quality assurance and testing must be really poor.
I would give the product a solid 9 and the devs a solid 2 so the rating might reflect frustration with bugs and updates.

2 Likes

The answer is dead simple, this plane has been bugged/unusable for a long time. Many bought it, fired it up and didn’t work for months and months, hence the reviews. Still now, it behaves differently from machine to machine and update to update.

2 Likes