Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

hello,
it seems (numbers a part) a quite normal behaviour since drag dramatically get down when the shock wave goes behind.
To pass trough transonic phase takes a lot, running from 1.1 to 1.95 much faster, for this reason we make a shallow dive, to help it in transonic regime.
/SSW

1 Like

Hello!

I bought MSFS through steam and F-104 yesterday (single seat) through market place. I need to say that i was very happy for that however i feel that something goes really wrong. I won’t speak for the flight model. So please kindly help me on the following:

1. It is impossible for me to find any pdf with instructions. Is any? I studied that when you buy it you receive a pdf with manuals and systems explanations. Now i don’t know how to make UHF/VHF/Tacan/Autopilot operate

2. I found after 30’ looking how to find the checklist with cntrl+shift+j combination. However i can not make the radar work and can not find any external application like appeared in the video of youtube. How can i make radar work? Similarly Autopilot doesn’t engage
  3. The sqawk selectors shows irrelevant numbers comparing to the alignment triangle and numbers don’t fully pass through it and you never know what value you have selected. I made tests with Mobiflight extracting the value to realise what is actually set
  4. Where can i find the variables the package uses in order to connect them with my cocpit? For example the stock variable for “oil engine preesure” exits value 125 but in the sim after idle 67% the value is around 37 psi
  5. Do you believe there is something wrong with installation? Shall I remove it and installe it again? How?

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks. Still my post was about the numbers that don’t match what you predicate in your in many of your other posts. Can you help?

It might help if you describe:

• the procedures you’re taking
  • the numbers you’re getting
  • the numbers you’re expecting

The OP answers your questions if you are familiar with this mod. However, feel free to ask for any clarifications

i have something you could try. i noticed on my first couple of flights that i was having a hard time getting the plane to go supersonic. i would push my physical throttle forward to the stop and let it rip. i started looking down at the throttle in the vc and on a whim, i clicked on f3 on my keyboard (bound to increase throttle) and lo and behold, my throttle went forward a tiny little bit (maybe 2-3 clicks on the keyboard). i am sure i could recalibrate my throttle but i haven’t. although this little trick allows me to get enough power and speed to break the barrier.

also, they talk about a gentle descent but i am normally going down at close to 4000fpm in order to break the barrier. i don’t know if that’s right or not but it works for me.

Thanks, yeah I had that issue. Tbh, it isn’t easy as I still get the engine issue above FL100 from time to time (rarely). My problem at the moment is a massive over performance in supersonic (max altitude and max Mach number being way beyond where that plane should be). In subsonic, with the energy pattern etc, it doesn’t climb as fast as expected, but it’s not that terrible . But thanks for your suggestion because it was a problem I had in the past!

wish i could help more. i find the plane to do exactly what they say it should once i cross the barrier. i, however, haven’t been able to get the bird over M1.95 so there’s that :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks mate. I can live with it. I was trying to figure out if I was doing something silly. At the end of the day it’s just a game! Thanks!

Bear,

the flying model of the plane has significant problems and for sure the are some akward responses to the flight control inputs comparing to the real one. You apply elavator and as long as the stick returns to center the aircraft nose falls down as if it is connected with your stick. The trim authority has problem it is impossible to trim the aircraft pitch, and finally there are some crazy things happening because of the effort to reproduce the BLDC effect. You may have 210 knots and cut off throtle and before the speed reaches stall speed you see some crazy bank angles.

I believe there has been tremendous effort from Skunk works to make this wonderful plane fly in the sim as it should and I am sure that step by step many things will be corrected. The same happened with our last involvement with F-104 for FS2004. My father with more than 3.000h in the aicraft supported the tests of CaptainSim and many things corrected step by step. From guages reaction to flight dynamics in slow and very fast speeds. I am sure the guys from Skunk works already do the same as long as they have the “input” they need!

1 Like

Hello,
I am always surprised when a user writes and think as if he was the only one to use our F-104.
instead we have thousands of satisfied users. The described behaviors are normal and expected, you should consult the flight manual.
with all the respect for the father I also have some thousand hours of flight on that aircraft, I know it well and I can assure that the model faithfully reflects the real, faithfully as far as the simulator allows.
Sincerely.

4 Likes

Hello,

My post stated some negative opinion but in an optimistic way because I understand that the whole process is complicated. Never mind. If your other customers and you are satisfied i will find the manual and study more. By the way, for someone who buys your product for Steam installation through FS Marketplace, is impossible to find where and how he can find the information among which is the flight manual also for your product. Your webpage has no information on that also. I don’t know if you have also objection on that, but you can consider it as a newbie remark. I lost 2 days looking for the files and the instructions.

Regarding the rest, when possible please give me your feedback in my questions 3,4 made 9d before as below:

1. The sqawk selectors shows irrelevant numbers comparing to the alignment triangle and numbers don’t fully pass through it and you never know what value you have selected. I made tests with Mobiflight extracting the value to realise what is actually set
  2. Where can i find the variables the package uses in order to connect them with my cocpit? For example the stock variable for “oil engine preesure” exits value 125 but in the sim after idle 67% the value is around 37 psi

thank you in advance,

1 Like

Hello, I think you should really avoid your persistent confrontational comments that lead nowhere like the one above. Specifically when you start from the substantial disadvantage of being wrong. That machine does not reach M2.4 in the real world, hence it does not behave as expected and customers are not satisfied or you won’t have 2* on the marketplace
 And this is in response to people who are absolutely polite and try to get a solution out of you. Good luck.

3 Likes

I have both the F104 and the Fiat G91 from you. You are probably one of the best devs in terms of detail to the flight model and love for the aircraft being modeled. But you are also probably the worst dev in terms of bugs and user support. The G91 I bought from the marketplace just doesn’t work, why don’t you fix it ASAP? One thing is to have a lights switch not working and another is not being able to start engines or have the engines die as soon as you fly. The F104 has also been plagged by bugs.

I will still buy the next plane you make, I really enjoy your products but in terms of bugs and support you guys are a disaster. So drop the attitude and let’s work together devs and users in having things fixed.

5 Likes

Hello,
I think it’s useful a short video that shows how you can do a supersonic run with the TF-104 G using energy management, aka the “Snake pattern”.
I take this opportunity to repeat that any support request should be sent to help-desk@simskunkworks.it , we usually do not answer to support requests in the forum.

https://youtu.be/cJWbimQIvwM

1 Like

You received what you asked for about a month ago via your email. You also point at this channel as well as your email as a channel of support. Thanks for your reply. I would also point out that, the snake pattern is irrelevant to the issues I am referring to.

Feel free to reply to my email. Good luck.

I tried MSFS in VR for the first time this week. The F-104G looks SPECTACULAR in VR guys! Holy ■■■■! Great job on the modeling and textures. 
 thats all. Please carry on with the bashing. :laughing:

7 Likes

Hi can anyone tell me why I load into the 104 cold and dark and hear the GPU, ignition sound, engine starter looping over and over?

Also afterburner noise on full throttle when the engine isn’t on?

Since you are reading this thread but probably not the other one:
Any chance of getting the G91 fixed? Any horizon of time to get it fixed? Not being able to start engines seems to be a bug big enough to require some form of answer from the devs.

Hello,
apologize, we read both, we are still working on that bug that apparently is not a bug since there is no reason why the G-91 won’t start under some conditions.
In the same topic there are described two (dirty) work-arounds of the problem.
Once again we stress that the only safe way to have support is to use the help-desk@simskunkworks.it, however some users seems to disregard our suggestion.

2 Likes