Devil's Tower area anomaly

Same issue for me (with an empty community folder)
I think is it probably a collision mesh (or invisible object) too big around the devil’s tower…
Perhaps to make the moutain which is a 3D object, visible from afar.
(But usually to make this, we attach the 3D object with a biggest object placed under the ground to avoid this type of crashing issue)

Same issue here. Xbox Series S. World Update 6. Scared the life out of me when it happened :sweat_smile:

Here’s a quick video of it - Anomaly at Devils Rock

The Devil’s Tower area is still “borked”, I went there a couple of days ago to see if it had been fixed. I have no idea when to expect a fix for it and other areas that suddenly exhibited this issue. Once a scenery problem like this is introduced into the sim, it seems to be forgotten. Case in point: the default SIM version of KSDF still has no taxi way lights over a year after the official release, and I turned that bug in from the first day of my alpha tester involvement well before release day. There is a very fundamental problem with how and when Asobo decides to fix bugs. It seems for now we just have to live with it…

1 Like

Still broken

I solved the problem of getting frustrated after submitting issues to Zendesk. I stopped submitting them. :grin:

yep got this bug first time was flying at about 5000ft catupuled into the air to 12000ft circled down to about 4800 and crashed in the air. ffs microsoft.

FYI, the Devil’s Tower crash issue has been fixed in SU6. Tried it last night and was able to fly over the tower without incident. I can’t speak for other POI’s that also exhibited the problem, perhaps others who reported those areas can do a test.

3 Likes

That’s great news! I’ll have to try it out :grinning:

Closing since this was reported fixed.