[DevLog] CYHZ - Halifax Stanfield International Airport | Slightly Delayed Simulations

Hello there!
Wanted to showcase the beginning of a large freeware project of mine, one of a few that I’m currently working on; Halifax Stanfield! It’s long overdue to have a freeware version of it available for everyone to use. Plus, it’s my home intl airport.
While it’s in its very very early stages, several hours have still already been put in (I’m incredibly slow at developing and modelling) including:

• Multiple custom 4k PBR asphalt textures
  • Alt hotel (old model that was heavily revamped and retextured)
  • One segment connecting to the main terminal
  • Runways (need to be fixed one way or another)
  • Some taxiways

Cheers!
Fergus - Slightly Delayed Simulations

2 Likes

FSS just re-did their rendition of CYHZ, will be interesting to see a comparison once this is done!

Other than performance, I’m gonna guess that level of detail is going to be much much better on the FSS side compared to mine, as this is also a freeware. This’ll probably be released in several stages, so I’d expect the quality to get progressively better as time goes on. Anyway, hopefully it’s deemed a good competitor to the payware eventually!

1 Like

I am also from Halifax. Would love to have it for xboxx some day. Good luck with your project. Great airport to fly in and out of plus photogrametry is pretty good for the city of Halifax.

1 Like

Hello!
It’s been three months and I felt to give a short little update on this freeware project.
To be blunt, I’ve been working on a few other projects and am on vacation over the summer but had some free time and got started on the terminal and began the process of getting the model ready for texturing (which would be better if I knew exactly how to texture a model this large). The main parking area was started a little while back. Progress will certainly be a little faster once I return from my trip but this is still a fair way from any release of any type as I would prefer to get at least a decent amount of the important buildings into the simulator. Cheers!

*Just to add on to this, the textures shown there are just placeholders and the commercial isn’t going to be a floating image haha, they will all be updated in the future.