Dewpoint stuck at 10 C

Is this Live Weather?

forgot to mention that, yes, using live weather it always reports 10c dewpoint

1 Like

Ok thanks. Would you mind testing to see if changing servers, then restarting the sim will help?

You need Multiplayer turned ON in the Data menu if you haven’t already, in order to change servers. Thanks!

Started up the sim and was using the USA east server and got a 10c dewpoint.
Changed to USA west server and got the same thing. Both at KEWB, and the rest of the atis is right on to IRL. And I backed all the way out of the sim between these tests

Thanks!

I confirmed as well. Picked Cuba’s international airport because I know that end is getting hammered by TS Ian, and they wouldn’t have anything vanilla in terms of WX. METAR reports 23C, ATIS 10C. I’m surprised more people haven’t reported this. I passed it up to the Community Managers for triage consideration by Dev Team.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 210751

Thanks

This has been an ongoing issue here for a while, I am also surprised that this has not been brought up before.

By the way KEWB 18c/16c

You’ll note the “feedback-logged” status - which means it’s in the queue for initial triage. If accepted as a bug, it will change to “bug-logged.” Thanks for contributing to this bug report!

1 Like

I think most of us have given up on this particular “feature.” You can have ATC say anything you want, but actually implementing varying humidity values into the weather system and then implementing the corresponding changes in performance might be a rather tall order.

I’m not sure of how visible it’s been. @N316TS actually filed a Zendesk in January '21 on this very finding. Sometimes it’s all about the squeaky wheel, which is reflective of Agile tbh. User demand is part of what drives the defects that make it into the Backlog for resolution.

1 Like

Once more, after SU10, I still have 10C dew point from Catalina Island, to Glacier International, to the hurricane bands yesterday in gulf side Florida (all in the same day). Using the usa east server. I just checked Melbourne Australia (7C/10C) and Marseilles France (18C/10C), it’s stuck, stuck and everywhere stuck at 10C.

same old story yep

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I did all the work already, made a zendesk ticket with photos, descriptions and what not.I harrassed people on discord about it and much much more, I am no longer going to involve myself.

I have never, not only once, had a dewpoint other than those 10° with live weather. I have no clue why not more people bother about such stuff and I have no clue how in the world the devs say “not reproducible”. Do they have the same flight simulator as us? You can literally tune in any ATIS freq around the world and hear dewpoint at 10°.

makes you wonder if someone is retaining the bugs from the customers to the devs.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Weather on ATIS broadcasts is always 10C. If the temperature is 09C or lower this is not possible. A temperature of 10C and a dewpoint of 10C indicates the air is 100% humidity. It cannot be more that 100%.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Listen to any ATIS broadcast

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

N/A

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Any ATIS broadcast

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Listen to an ATIS

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

All versions

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

If you use the weather debug in devmode you’ll see that it’s actually using the correct dewpoint, This may be just an issue with ATIS (one of many).

1 Like

Yes, the ATIS tuned in by radio often (maybe always) reports different conditions than the METAR found by clicking that same airport in the VFR map. The ATIS version seems stuck on ‘dewpoint 10’

Try KDCA for example - tune ATIS and listen and compare that to the METAR that you read in the VFR map when you click on KDCA and scroll down to the bottom of the information available.

the pressure was different as well. METAR said 30.20 and ATIS said 30.18 and also - ATIS said clear and METAR says overcast. and temperature 4 dewpoint 10 is not possible.

:triumph: still not working

It is now flagged as “bug-logged” so it should be fixed in one of the next Sim Update.

The thing is that dewpoint is injected but the ATIS does not report it correct. Only wanted to add that :slight_smile:

1 Like