DG Designs Hawker Hunter for MSFS

Just to let you all know Dave has released his single seat Hawker Hunters now up at flightsim.to. Many of you will be familiar with the Hunter from FS9 / FSX and P3d, but these are new, native MSFS models. 10 different models and 22 paint schemes.

Hawker Hunter package » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I’m a huge fan, and have been for years, so its great to see them in our MSFS.

22 Likes

Awesome! I loved his Hunters for FSX and it’s great to see them in MSFS

1 Like

Be sure to visit Rayak Air Base in Lebanon OLRA with it.

Nice! Does anyone remember Peter McLeland from the flightsim.com forums and if he’s still around and simming? I remember he flew Hunters in the RAF and later Tridents for BEA and BA.

Peter still pops in to the CBFS forums occasionally. One of the aircraft in the package is painted as one he used to fly.

Enjoy the Hunters!

7 Likes

That’s great to hear. I remember him from the Dreamfleet forum, about… 20 years ago? Sheesh!

1 Like

He had been posting screenshots of the A5 Icon up at cbfs until a few months ago. I’ll drop him a PM.

2 Likes

Oh looks nice. At work here, how does the plane handle and does it have a modelled cockpit?

Its more or less on the numbers. Yes it does have a cockpit.

6 Likes

Oh nice, going to have a look at this when i get home.

edit: And thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s really awesome, my favorite plane…
When using a throttle quadrant, map it on Throttle 1 axis…

Had a very quick flight with an F6 Hunter. Couldn’t move the throttle at first but after rebinding my throttle lever to the Throttle 1 Axis instead of just generic Throttle it worked. Also I lost the engine sound at some point after alt-tabbing out and back in and I couldn’t get it to come back so I flew around in silence for a bit which was a bit of an odd sensation in a military jet I’ll tell you, one of the wonders of MSFS!

Still had a blast flying it though and it looks quite tidy. Thanks a lot @MajorClanger800

1 Like

I hope someone will make a Dutch Air Force livery for it soon…

I’ll try and get a paint kit uploaded over the weekend, and fix the issue some people are having with the throttle.

6 Likes

Thank you for this great addition…. :ok_hand:

This is a fantastic model of a classic 50’s plane, looks good and flys well IMO!

2 Likes
4 Likes

What a treasure! Last flew the Hunter over 50 years ago so quickly leapt into the F6 and flew a circuit just prove I remembered how it was done. This was a great ac in FSX etc so many thanks to Dave for bringing it into MSFS. Looking forward to some 250ft/420 kts VFR ………

6 Likes

first attempt at a repaint, but I’ll wait for the paintkit before continuing. Next will be a Dutch version

Hunter B002 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

That’s pretty bad taste, dude.

1 Like