DHC 2 Beaver Freeware

Looking awesome I can’t wait! Making some quick progress on the model from the looks of it.

1 Like

Going pretty so far yea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that makes me a happy bunny - er - beaver. Many a happy hour trundling around East Africa in one of those, although half a century ago now. I would appreciate a wheeled version when you’ve got a handle on all the other variants :wink:. Thanks for your efforts and looking forward to the end product.

2 Likes

That must have been amazing. Im jealous. Were you a pilot then? If yes, i might get in touch sometime down the line :slight_smile:

A wheeled version is of course on the agenda, althought not at launch. Or maybe who knows. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looking forward to this very much… thanks for the effort!

1 Like

I am too actually. Im so eager to fly it, its a shame i have to make it first :smiley:

4 Likes

Stop Talking and get Busy Maestro !

1 Like

Yea but i might go insane :slight_smile:

Exactly the things the flightsim needs

2 Likes

Can’t wait to use and abuse that Beaver!

3 Likes

Carefully does it…

13 Likes

Thank you for this work !!!

1 Like

This looks great. Can’t wait to fly it!

1 Like

Wait a second, are you suggesting you’re going to irradiate us?

I’m not sure I’d sign up for that job unless I was super desperate!

:grin:

Dont worry, its just some undercover Maple syrup run :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ahhh! Bootlegging! AWESOME!

sweet… and rumblings of a tail-dragger with big ■■■ tundra tires up front?

2 Likes

The Beaver is one of these iconic planes that was missing from MSFS IMHO (like the DC3). Great you are bringing this beauty back.

5 Likes

Beaver’s the best. End of story :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No mate, I was a Royal Air Force Engineer seconded to the Kenya Air Force. The KAF, at that time , operated DHC 1, DHC 2 & DHC 4 and, my particular responsibility was the President’s aircraft - a Rockwell Aerocommander. The Beaver & Caribou were operated primarily as Kenya Army support but we also did anti locust patrols :joy:. When the Beavers were deployed in the NFD there was usually engineering support - one man - and I was always a willing volunteer. So I did a fair few hours in the Beavers and the Aerocommander; usually in the 2nd Dickies seat. My abiding memory of the Aerocommander was flying alongside a cruising Maribou Stork - at around 20,000ft over Mount Kenya.

10 Likes