Diamond DA40NG Avionics “ON” when Switch is “OFF”

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The avionics in the DA40NG are ON regardless of the Avionics switch’s state.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load C&D into DA40NG, turn on Electric Master, observe avionics power up even though Avionics switch is still off.

Note: this is not occurring in the DA40TDI

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

AAU1 Beta

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

The DV20 does the same thing.

Yes, I wrote up the DV20 bug that you responded to over there!

:grin:

I don’t fly the single Diamonds, but I do fly the twin - a lot. As a fan of the DA62X mod, I can tell you that the author knows how to mod a plane. That said, I don’t know if his DA40 mod will address this particular issue, but it can still make the rest of the experience better.

Comparing the G1000 behaviour with the steam variant of these aircraft is a tad misleading for the following reasons.

Aircraft generally don’t have an avionics switch control the primary flight and engine instruments if they require electrical power. It is generally reserved for the radio stack items primarily as a means to protect them by keeping them turned off during engine start and as a secondary feature to provide a quick and easy way to turn them all on or off. When you apply that to a G1000 aircraft it means the G1000 will power on when the battery master is on. You will note that the radio frequency display areas are missing (red X’d) because the avionics part is not powered yet. Once engine start is completed avionics is switched on and these radio related functions become active.

This is all very general and there will likely be some exceptions to this here and there but it’s the general reason why they may appear different. This is why this is not a bug.

In other words, the aircraft is working as intended

You are right. I had not caught this.

1 Like

Glad to of helped. Just something to be aware of with modern cockpits.

1 Like