Diamond DA62 - Ice Light non-functional

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:
I noted that the ICE LIGHT function on the wing isn’t working, I had anti-ice off and no sign of a working lamp on the external view. Was experiencing icing and tried to check the wing.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Get the DA62X mod (below). It uses a different model file that has the working ice light, along with several performance modifications. In the meantime, I’d report this as a bug. The dev’s are a little busy with SU5, but they may fix it one year…

1 Like

The entire Aircraft for me is very Glichy.
Does anyone eles have this issue with it where the cockpit view clips alot…?

That may also be an issue with the model. I’ve read something somewhere else here a while back, but I seem to remember Tommy’s mod fixing that too. It’s a free addon, so you have nothing to lose by trying it out. You get much more realistic performance and better ground handling too.

Thanks, still not sure about the fuel consumption as it should have a 7 hr range at 75% but seems to drink more fuel. I calculated fuel for a 900nm trip and nearly crashed due to fuel shortage (yes i did transfer over both aux tanks).

I doubt it’s perfect, but the dev says it’s closer to the real thing than the stock version. I never get anywhere close to its limits, since my flights are usually no longer than an hour and a half.

86gal fuel at 14.8gal/hr

Idk about you, but I used 3 caluclators and called up my old University professor and none of us got 7 hrs

1 Like

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#PC

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Zendesk #151305

Diamond DA62 Ice Light Inoperable

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Load into Diamond DA62 at night
• Power up aircraft
• Turn on Ice Light
• Observe wing is dark

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: 1.23.12.0

I just checked and the ice light works in the DA62X mod by MrTommyMXR. Don’t know about the stock DA62.

EDIT: To clarify, the white light is along the front of the wings beyond the engine only on both sides and is not very bright when there is no ice on the wings.

Thx. The bug is definitely with the stock aircraft.

1 Like

Hey, this is STILL true 9 months later…

1 Like