Diamond DV20 Avionics “ON” when Switch is “OFF”

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The avionics in the DV20 are On regardless of the Avionics switch’s state.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load C&D into DV20, turn on Battery, observe avionics power up even though Avionics switch is still off.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

AAU1 Beta

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes. Same issue on PC.

@NixonRedgrave,
Does this happen with the public build (not beta)?

Mine was in the beta version.
Regards

1 Like

I cannot answer that. All three of my installs are beta.

It might depend on which bus the instruments are tied to. In many aircraft, switching on just the battery turns on half the panel, and the other half comes to life with the avionics switch.

Edit: I’m on the stable build 1.29.30.0, and I get the same results. It appears that all avionics are tied to the main bus. With only the battery switch on, everything works, including the radios.

YES

Avionics button is switched OFF but avionics are ON, when switching ON the battery flaps go to LDG position, when reducing throttle the speed is decreasing very slowly eg in real life when you put 17 manifold pressure with MAX RPM the DV20 is descending with 500 fpm and 65 knots speed but in the sim you must reduce RPM otherwise if you keep it like this and you do a pattern you have to decrease it to 15 manifold from the start of the downwind and if you are lucky in the base it will start descending with the desired speed, The trim is very steep, if you move it just one dot the configuration of the aircraft changes dramaticaly. The most important bug for me is the usage of throttle and RPM they have nothing to do with reality not even close…

Yes

Like OP, once I turn on the battery, the GPS, clock and transponder power up though the avionics switch is off. No beta version and no mods for this model installed.